Chapter Sixteen: Ashlynn Ella

Ashlynn Ella stood at the top of the steps next to her parents. She waited for Prince Banilace and his parents to ascend the many steps leading to the Charming/Ella castle.

Ashlynn stood in her light blue ball gown, that had sparkles of real diamonds glittering along the edges. Her hair was up in a braided bun, and she wore crystal glass high heels on her feet. Diamond earnings dangled from Ashlynn's ears, as she readjusted them with light blue gloved hands.

Finally, the prince reached the castle door.

"M'lady," the prince started and looked towards his mother, who eagerly nudged her own hand up.

The prince took Ashlynn's hand and kisses it softly, "I am Prince Banilace from the western region of Kootan. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Ashlynn curtsied for Prince Banilace,"I am Princess Ashlynn Ella of Chamindale, I am please to make your acquaintance."

Ashlynn looked into the Prince's eyes. They were chocolate brown. Ashlynn looked at the rest of him. Neat black hair lay on the top of his head. He wore a black suite, and a red tie.

His mother wore a blood red gown that reached  the floor. It had shimmering diamonds along the hem, and two layers of silk. The Queen of the Western region of Kootan had a tan complexion, the reflected in the glow of the candle light. Her black hair rolled down her shoulders like the hills of Gorgina, another kingdom not far away. She had red gloves on her hands, and silver earrings that dangled from her ear. Plus, a diamond tiara on her head.

Prince Banilace's father had a similar complexion to his wife, and dark brown hair that sat on the top of his head. Like his son, he wore a black suite with a red tie. But, he did have his gold crown in his head.

Finally, Ashlynn's father escorted their guests to the dining hall for supper. On the walk to their destination. Prince Banilace pipped.

"My fair lady," he started, "what school do you attend?"

"I attend Ever After High," Ashlynn answered, then added, "what school do you attend, my fair prince?"

"I attend Royal Prep during the school year," he replied, "my fair lady."

Then, he whispered just so Ashlyn could hear, "do I have to answer with 'my fair lady' every time, or can I stop because it's getting kind of tiresome."

Ashlynn giggle, "you can stop, I was only doing because you were doing it." she said very quietly.

"That's good," he announced.

They arrived at the dining hall a few minutes later. The women sat on one side of the table, while the men sat on the other, with Ashlynn's parents sitting on either end of the table, and the children sitting across from each other.

The first course was brought out. Salads with olives, salads without olives. Some with salad dressing, some without. Salad plates were placed in front of the royalty, as they all neatly 'dig in'.

Soon after the main course was served, small talk started between the adults. The main meal consisted of fancy pasta, and vegetables. With noodles and melted cheese, and many different combinations.

Ashlynn filled her plate with the deliciousness of noodles, cheese, and tomato sauce. She took one bite and felt that she was back in the castlteria of Ever After High, except that the food she eating now was so much better then any school food. She brought back to her senses when she felt her tongue practically burning from the melted cheese.

Ashlynn gulped down her water as fast as polite sipping could go. She dabbed her mouth, trying to keep the tingling sensation from escaping her mouth in the form of a scream.

Finally, the burning feeling stopped, and Ashlynn heaved a sigh of relief, earning a glare from her mother. Ashlynn looked down, feeling ashamed.

"Why so sad?" Prince Banilace asked.

"I..." Ashlynn was caught off guard, "I'm not sad, I was just fixing my napkin." She finally decided, and straightened her napkin in her lap.

"Alright," but the Prince didn't look convinced.

"I promise," Ashlynn said, wanting Prince Banilace to believe her.

"Okay," Prince Banilace still didn't believe her.

Ashlynn shook her head, "sorry."

"What are you sorry for, you did nothing wrong."

"I... never mind."

The dessert plates were being handed out which, much to Ashlynn's relief, allowed the royal children's conversation to be cut short.

Soon the dessert came out. Trays filled with meringue cookies, and squares of cake came out. Ashlynn took a sponge cake.

"Sponge cake is my favorite," Prince Banilace informed as he took his own square.

"Me to," Ashlynn said quickly, then continued to eat her cake.

The prince sighed.

Ashlynn's mother, sensing that the children were finished, politely excused them from the dinner table.

Ashlynn and Prince Banilace walked to the hall, arm in arm.

"I sense you are distressed Princess Ashlynn," Prince Banilace commented.

"I..." Ashlynn trailed off.

"When I am in distress, I go to my garden to think," he suggested in a soothing tone.

"The g-garden? But that's what happens last-" Ashlynn stammered nervously thinking of last time, "we could go to the garden," she finally decided.

"Lead the way my princess."

So Ashlynn led this charming prince around the corners, past her parents wedding painting (which she did not stop to admire) and up to the glass garden door. Of course, all at a normally slow pace for royalty.

"May I present to you... the garden," Ashlynn pushed open the glass doors.

•••
Another chapter done! Yay! I hope you like it. What do you think of Prince Banilace? Thanks reading, please vote and comment.

-Isabelle