Chapter Twenty Nine: Darling Charming

Darling and Rosabella walked down the cobblestone bridges to reach the 'base'. They were the last ones to arrive, and soon noticed that each girl clutched in their hand's the storybook of legends in a different color. Briar was holding a magenta colored book, meanwhile Ashlynn clutched a light blue one. Rosabella held her gold book and Darling held her own pale blue book. Apple was the only one to not hold a book, but a tall man next to her held her light brown and gold colored book.

"Well girls, welcome to the base!" Evelyn exclaimed excitedly, and captured the attention of the five girls.

Everyone just stared at her, waiting to hear what this was all about. Evelyn still smiled waiting for some cheering. Her smile drooped as she realized she was the only one who was excited.

The man who held Apple's shoulder gave her a warm smile but didn't say anything.

"Okay, I'll get straight to the point." Evelyn replied, defeated, "Basically, this place appeared out of nowhere after, we assume, Raven destroyed the storybook of legends in Wonderland. Me and my Dad," Evelyn pointed to the man next to Apple, "were out searching for some answers to destinies when we found this." Evelyn let that sink in before continuing, "Each book has the story of your respective parents. In the front of each book there is a list of each character from the story." Evelyn let that sink in again, but Apple took the silence to say something.

"So whats the point?" she asked rather rudely.

"I'm getting there," Evelyn responded with a bit of sas.

Darling shook her head, rolled her eyes and muttered, "siblings," to which Ashlynn laughed.

Evelyn took a deep breath to clear the thoughts of her annoying younger sister at bay.

"As I was saying," she cleared her throat, "the point is, the role in which you sign is the role in which you will play. So, if you don't want to be the next Snow White, then don't sign your name there."

Excited murmors escaped from everyone. Being able to choose your destiny? That's amazing! The chatter continued.

Darling looked around excitedly. She finally didn't have to be the boring princess she was destined to be. Ashlynn also squealed with delight at the fact that she could still be with Hunter.

Everyone chatted excitedly except Apple. Darling walked over to Apple.

"Hey,"Darling said, "what's up."

Apple clutched her arms defensively and turned away from Darling, "I don't want to talk about it."

"Shouldn't you be happy now?"Darling asked, a bit confused by her friend's sadness.

"I said I don't want to talk about about it." Apple repeated, a bit more irritated then before.

"Oh, alright," Darling turned around, defeated.

"I'm sorry," Apple flung her arms around Darling and started to sob, "Darling I'm so sorry."

Startled by the sudden change in emotion, Darling hesitantly, then akardly patted Apple's back. "It's alright Apple, Everything's fine."

Apple didn't reply, she just cried and cried while the other girls came around. Concered looks sparyed across each face as Evelyn and her father stayed to the side.

"Apple, let's talk about it." Darling led Apple to a more private place where everyone wasn't crowding around them. "Whenever your ready, I'm all ears."

Apple took a deep breath and started to explain.

...

Wow! I finished another chapter! I can't believe there are only two more chapters left!. What do you guys think is going on with Apple? Tell me in the comment below and don't forget to vote!

-Isabelle