Chapter Nineteen: Apple White

Apple White was surprised to see Briar waiting at the cross roads.

"Briar!" She called happily to her BFFA.

"Hey Apple," The brown haired princess smiled back.

Apple's hexpression turned sour," did you get the letter too?"

Briar nodded and took out the letter from her purse.

"Whose ESW?" Apple asked.

Brair shrugged "I don't know."

Just then the girls heard a rustling from the bushes somewhere off in the distance. Both girls stood at attention. They heard a few groans before a figure appears in the path.

A dirty Ashlynn Ella scrambled to her knees, picking out leaves from her hair.

"Ugh, I hate walking into a bush," she moaned.

Briar and Apple giggled then helped their friend pick the rest of the twigs from her hair.

When they were done they both stepped back.

"There you go Ashlynn," Brair said as she threw away the last twig.

Ashlynn smiles,"thanks guys."

"Of course," they said in unison.

There was silence in the air before Ashlynn asked about the next clue.

"We haven't found anything," Briar admitted, "though we haven't looked that hard to be honest."

"Okay, the let's divide and conquer," Apple suggested, the others nodded, "Ashlynn you check on that side of the path. Briar, you check the other side, and I'll check the sign."

The girls split up, each looking in their own section. Apple crouched as far as she could to the ground without putting her knees on the ground. She pushed the bushes and vines away, but nothing was there. She shook the pole, but only the sign on top rattled.

"Any luck?" she asked the other girls.

Ashlynn who had her head stick in a bush again, popped up and shook her head, disposing of some leaves. Her animal friends also looked up from their searching and shook their head.

Briar replied with a simple, "Nope," then got back to searching.

Not long after, the three girls were joined by Rosabelle and Darling who explained that they called in sick from their respective camps.

While the girls searched, they chatted about how bad their summer was so far.

"He was like 'your pretty, but I'm prettier'" Ashlynn mocked Prince Dallance while the other girls laughed, "who would even say such a thing?!"

"I totally agree," Rosabella added.

"Please don't get me started on the snobby rich pink princess," Darling complained.

"Ooh ooh tell us, tells us!" Rosabella begged.

"Well, when my roommate saw all the jewelry and gowns, she squealed like a two year old, it was so frustrating!" Darling told.

Apple wasn't so fond of this conversation but didn't do anything to stop it.

"Guys this is useless," Briar finally pointed out, "we've been searching for over an hour and haven't found anything."

"Briar's right," Apple agreed, "we're not going to find anything."

"That's because you are supposed to find me," a voice said.

A girl with long black hair, put up into a ponytail was standing on the pathway to the dark forest. She had pale skin, and a blood red tinge to her lips. She wore a tank top, and shorts while carrying a hiking stick. A backpack was slung over her shoulders, and I hat blocked the sun from her eyes.

"Welcome girls," she said. "I'm ESW"

•••
Yay ESW! Who do you think she is??? Leave a comment down below to tell me. Please vote and comment! I think I'm going to start updating once a week on Wednesdays, but that might change if school starts to take over my life again. Thanks for reading!

-Isabelle