Chapter Three: Ashlynn Ella

"What would you like to see first?" Ashlynn asked.

"What are my options?" Prince Dallance replied.

"Oh, well, we could see the garden," Ashlynn suggested.

"Why don't we?" Prince Dallance answered.

"It's right this way," Ashlynn led.

Prince Dallance followed the Princess down a series of halls. Once they reached a glass door Ashlynn stopped.

"Here it is," she pushed open the doors to reveal a beautiful garden filled with all different kind of flowers, bushes, and trees. "My favorite part is the maze," Ashlynn continued,"I've done it about a dozen times."

"It's okay, I guess," Prince Dallance shrugged,"in my garden, everything is so neat and tidy, the rows are perfectly straight, and not a single flower is wilting. Like that one over there, is wilting," he pointed out," and that one, right there, that one is about two inches from where it's supposed to be."

Ashlynn took a deep breath trying to keep her anger from rising. She closed her eyes remembering what her father had said.

"Ashlynn, we understand that this may be a bit challenging, but, we want you to be very respectful towards our guests."

Ashlynn took another deep breath and turned to face Prince Dallance, a smile plastered into her face.

"Shall we go in?" She asked, holding out her arm for the Prince to take.

Prince Dallance smiled too,"we shall," and he linked arms with the princess.

Ashlynn led him over to one of the six entrances into the maze.

"We can start here," Ashlynn suggested,"it's the easiest one."

"You are implying that I can not do a maze," Prince Dallance looked offended.

"No, no that's what I meant," Ashlynn tried to explain," it's just that I thought you would like to see the rest of the castle, and this is the fastest one."

"Well, I would like to do the hardest one," he decided firmly.

"Of course," Ashlynn led the Prince to the other end of the maze," here is the hardest."

Prince Dallance looked satisfied and walked in. After a few moments, he looked back, and saw Ashlynn crouching down into one of the decorative bushes.

"Princess Ashlynn?" He asked in a disgusted tone, "may I ask you what you are doing?"

"Oh," Ashlynn jumped in surprise. She quickly stood up and brushed of her skirt, clutching a magenta rod." Oh, well this," Ashlynn held up her rod,"is a digital map."

"That?" Prince Dallance asked, continuing his disgusted tone.

"Oh yes, I... I can show you," Ashlynn went over to Prince Dallance's side.

She pulled the rod at its ends. The rod split in two, and in between was a very bright digital screen.

"See, over here, this is where we are," Ashlynn pointed to an opening in the maze," now if we take the first left-"

"Where did you get this?" Prince Dallance questioned, a tone of admiration was hinted in his voice.

"Well, I hide them in the bushes, you know, just to be safe," Ashlynn answered.

Ashlynn looked over her shoulder, Prince Dallance was staring at the digital map in awe.

Then, out of nowhere, he put a frown on his face.