Chapter Thirty: Darling Charming

"Well," Apple started her story,"I just don't know what's going on with me. Before Ever After High, I was so excited to finally have a destiny that I loved. I was going to be a princess with a happily ever after!" Apple's eye's sparkled with glee at the happy memory, but then her face turned sour, "then I went to Ever After, and everything changed. I no longer had a destined future, and all my friends hated me because I wanted my own happiness. After a while, I accepted the fact that I wouldn't have the dream I wanted." Apple sighed, "but now I do get a happily ever after of my choice. It's just all so confusing."

Darling nodded, "I think everyone would be willing to help you choose the perfect destiny Apple."

Apple sighed, "It's not as simple as that." Darling gave her a quizical look, and Apple continued, "both my dad and Evelyn - and probably my mom - want me to sign as the next Snow White. They all want to keep the Snow White story going, and they would much prefer keeping it in the family. Evelyn has already signed as one of Robin Hood's buddies, so she's out of the question. Legacy year is next year, so my sister Sevana is out of the question. I'm the only one still able to sign."

"Oh," Darling replied simply.

Silence hung in the air, as Darling was afraid to ask her next question, but she figured it was inevitable, "but don't you still need an Evil Queen to complete the story?"

Apple nodded, "my family thought it would be no big deal for me to sign. I mean, this has been my dream for almost my entire life. But they gave me the task of finding an Evil Queen, preferably Raven, but anyone would do as long as the story is told in time for Legacy Year."

Darling sighed, "so what are you going to do?"

Apple looked at her feet, "I don't know."

"Well, what destiny do you want?"

Apple sighed, "I'm not even sure anymore." Apple stood up from where she sat and took a deep breath, "I'll figure it out."

Apple walked away, a huge choice still on her shoulders.

"Okay," Darling said to herself and followed Apple to the more public places

Just as Darling walked into the main area of the Base, she was overwhelmed by Briar who was jumping around excitedly.

"I can't believe it! There are so many people I can choose! How am I going to choose? Wait, what story do I want to be in? It doesn't matter because I CAN CHOOSE!!!!!"

"Whoa whoa, calm down there Briar," Darling said a little defensively.

Briar gave her a sheepish grin,"sorry, I'm just so hecxited."

"Yeah I get it," Darling nodded, pushing a lock of her hair behind her ear, "I don't know how I'm going to choose either.

After the two chatted for awhile Briar looked at Apple who was trying to steer clear of her family.

"Is everything okay with Apple?" Briar asked Darling.

Darling shrugged, "her family is pressuring her to sign as Snow White."

"Oh, well... I'll go check on her."

Briar walked off as Darling waved goodby.

Darling sighed and faced the semi-circle of castles. She looked at each one as their own story. She could enter any of them and become one with the story.

Darling walked down the path leading to one of the castles, "Well, let's go sign a page."

•••
Wow! Okay, lots of stuff going on here. First of all, do you think Apple will sign as the next Snow White with all the pressure being put on her shoulders? And second, what do you think each character will sigh as? That includes all EAH characters not just the five girls from the story. And if there are any minor characters that you would like to know what they sign as comment their names below. Also, please answer these questions, honestly I'm really curious to know what you guys think! Well, thanks for reading, please vote and comment. Hope you enjoyed!

-Isabelle