Chapter Twenty Eight: Darling Charming

Darling Charming and Rosabella Beauty walked towards the Charming castle. It's walls were a blend of pale blues, light pinks, navy blue, and shimmering gold. It looked majestic in a way Darling could never describe.

"Let's just grab your book and go," Rosabella suggested, as they walked up to the front gate.

Darling nodded and headed inside alone. Rosabella opted to stay outside while Darling retrived her book.

Once inside, Darling could't help but gaze at the beauty of it all and took a moment to marvel at it until she remembered that her friend was waiting. She looked around but couldn't seem to find the book. It wasn't exactly on display like it had been for Rosabella.

"Rosabella!" she called after walking outside.

Rosabella looked up from her thoughts and went to Darling. "What is it?" she asked.

"It's not there," Darling replied plainly.

Rosabella followed her friend inside. Sure enough, the book was nowhere to be found.

They checked behind the grand staircase, in the next rooms, under the carpet. But all the searching was to no avail.

"Hey Darling!" Rosabella called from one side of the entryway.

"Yeah," Darling replied while on her hands and knees and searching behind a potted plant.

"I might have found something."

Darling got up and brushed off her skirt. She then walked to Rosabella who handed her a thin sheet of paper.

"You may be searching for something I posses," Darling read, "But you may not find it wearing that dress. Look up high and I might share, what you are looking for, and something to wear."

"Oh good, a riddle." Rosabella moaned.

"It's okay Rosy, let's see where this leads," Darling replied, excited at the prospect of finding something awesome.

"Okay so where do we start?" Rosabella asked.

Darling read the poem one more more before replying, "Well, it says look up high so, . . ."

The girls looked up and found a beautiful map of the castle painted on the ceiling.

"Okay, so we have a map," Rosabella stated, a bit more enthusiastic about the treasure hunt, "now what?"

Darling read the poem a third time, "something about dresses I suppose."

"How about a closet?" Rosabella suggested.

"That's perfect!" Darling exclaimed excitedly, "lets find the master bedroom."

Rosabella was the one to point it out to Darling. The girls headed to the second floor and entered the master bedroom. The room was huge. That was basically the only way to describe it. A huge bed on one end, a huge mirror television on the other. A huge table, and huge chairs were off to one side and huge bookshelves piled with huge books about knight training, and castle safety.

Rosabella led the way to massive french doors that opened up to a- you guessed it- HUGE closet. Filled with ball gowns in a colors and sizes, the closet looked endless.

"How in the world are we supposed to find anything in here?" Rosabella moaned.

"Don't worry, we'll find it somehow," Darling encouraged.

Darling started walking down the first isle of blue ball gowns. She then continued to the next row of purple day dresses. At the third row of mini skirts, Darling stopped in her tracks. A paper was sticking out of a pocket in leather vest.

"Rosabella!" Darling called, "I think I've found something!"

Rosabella rushed over from the other end of ginormous closet, "what is it?" she asks excitedly.

"I found a paper!" Darling smiled, she unfolded it with joy, only to have her smile drop, "It's a receipt."

"Oh," Rosabella's hopes sank.

Darling took a look at the receipt, "Well, it's got two items on it, this leather vest and some pink fur coat."

Rosabella thought for a second, "why don't we check the fur coats."

Darling nodded, "Yeah that's a good idea," and followed Rosabella down another isle to reach the fur coat section.

Rosabella was the one to spot it first, a pink, fluffy fur coat with a note attached to the hanger.

Rosabella read it out loud, "You have found my lovely coat, but just wait and do not gloat. I assure you, you are near, to the object you are looking for in here. The highest tower is where you might find, the item you are searching for, covered in vines."

Darling clapped excitedly, "let's find the highest tower!"

The girls rushed back to the entry and raised their eyes to the ceiling. Darling scanned the top of the castle until she found the tower she was searching for.

"Destiny Tower, here we come."

Rosabella was the one to lead to the third floor and up to the doorway of the tower. Darling did the honors of pushing open the door.

The girls were revealed to a gorgeous hallway. The wall's were pale blue, with golden and navy swirls entangling on the wallpaper. A velvet carpet covered the golden tiled floor, and led to a large round room.

"Wow, it's so beautiful," Rosabella commented, after expecting it to be beaten up and midevil looking, as hers had.

"Yeah," Darling agreed, "But how in the world are we supposed to find vines in a goergus place like this?"

Rosabella shrugged and ventured further into the room. Finally, the girls split up and did some searching. Rosabella found a gold lever with green leaves embellished in it's golden coat of paint. Curious, Rosabella tugged the lever downward, and a circular disk in the floor was replaced by a golden stand, just as it had in Rosabella's castle. On the stand was none other the a pale blue storybook of legends. But not only that, two more disks in the floor were replaced by golden stands, and each had their own storybook of legends sitting on top.

"Those are probably for my brothers," Darling pointed out, after getting over the shock of the beauty.

Rosabella nodded, then realized with a sudden yelp, "we should probably hurry. I don't want the others to be waiting."

Darling nodded, grabbed her book, and both girls hurried to the base.

...

Well, another chapter done! I've decided to finish the story with the Darling chapters and an Epilouge, so there's only three more chapters left! Anyways, I really hoped you enjoyed the scavenger hunt, maybe I'll add some detail about who made it and stuff but I'll see. Thank you so much for reading, and please don't forget to vote and comment!

-Isabelle