Chapter Nine: Briar Beauty

Briar flopped onto her pink rose bed with her head spinning. She had just come back from Book End and had a lot on her already full mind.

She had to pack for her trip in two weeks, and she just couldn't focus on anything after her trip to the shopping center.

Briar tried to pick out a couple of outfits to wear, but was so dizzy. Finally, Briar decided to take a long hot bath to clear her mind.

She chose a hot pink knee-length skirt with black lace zigzagging in strait lines across the skirt.

Her shirt was also hot pink, but with black roses for the shoulders, and black lace around all the edges.

After the calming, forty-five minute bath, Briar got dressed in her outfit, and reapplied her makeup.

As she was just finishing putting on her mascara, Daphnia came rushing in.

"Princess Briar," she scolded," I told you to only take showers at night or in the morning so I don't have to do your hair and makeup twice!"

Briar put down the tube of mascara, and turned to face her hair and makeup dresser.

"I didn't take a shower," Briar smiled innocently, "I took a bath."

Briar turned back to face her makeup mirror, and dabbed her already perfect lips with lipstick, just to rub it in Daphnia's face.

"I now need to do you hair Princess," Daphnia replied through gritted teeth.

"You don't have to," Briar said, "I'm okay with it just strait down."

"Fine, whatever Princess," Daphnia stormed out of Briar's room.

Briar immediately felt bad about what she had done and said.

Daphnia was only trying to do her job, Briar thought. Why am I making it so much harder for her, that's not what a princess should do. Maybe it's for the best I'm supposed to sleep for one hundred years.

Braid decided that the next time she saw Daphnia, she would apologize.

After sitting on her bed for a few more minutes, Briar heard a soft knock on her mahogany door.

"Briar, it's your mother, can I come in," a voice from the other side of the doorway asked.

Briar stood up, brushed off her skirt, and walked to open the door.

"Sure,"she said smiling at her mom through the open doorway.

Briar's mother sat at the edge of Briar's bed,"I forgot how much I loved the designs in your room." She finally said after a couple of minutes of silence.

"Yeah," Briar agreed,"it is."

There was a few more minutes of empty silence.

"Briar, is there something wrong?" Sleeping Beauty asked,"you look... upset."

"It's... It's nothing Mother," Briar stammered.

"Briar I'm worried about you," Briar's mother said, "I feel like you've been so distant."

Briar just looked into her Mother's dark blue eyes, a tear running down her tan skin.

"Oh, Briar," Sleeping Beauty said in a soft but sad voice, as she held out her arms for hug,"give Mommy a hug."

Briar hated when her mother called herself 'mommy', but Briar burst into tears and gave her mom a huge hug, tears dripping from Briar face, to her Mother's beautiful pink dress.

For the next few minutes, all you could hear was the sad princess' crying. Briar tried to stop this babyish fit, but she couldn't stop the tears.

Finally, Briar sniffled. She sat next to her mother on the pink and brown silk bed sheets, and tried to wipe away tears that were still streaming down her face.

The two sat there in silence.

"It's your destiny, isn't it?" the Queen asked.

Briar nodded.

"You're usually good at keeping a positive attitude toward it," her mother stated,"always saying to live life to the fullest."

"I know," Briar sniffled.

"What got you so down?" Sleeping Beauty asked.

"Ashlynn."

"Ashlynn? I thought she was you friend?" Sleeping Beauty was in shock.

"No, no, that's not what I meant," Briar looked her mother in the eye,"well, she doesn't want her destiny either, and well, all she has to do is pick a prince."

"So?" Briar's mother asked, confused at why her daughter was so upset.

"Well," Briar continued,"she said that I have the easiest destiny. All I have to do is get kissed."

"Briar, have you ever thought about being in their shoes?" Sleeping Beauty asked. "Apparently, no one is very interested in their destiny, and think that everyone else has it better. But Briar, someone might have it easier then you, and they say that they don't, but you just have to go with it. Because you will meet people in your life that will be stubborn, or that they always think that they have it better, or worse then you. Personally I think people are being ridiculous for complaining, but anyways. Those people, just ignore those annoying comments, or just go with them. You shouldn't start complaining just because others are. I know you Briar. And I know that you don't boast about the future. You think about the present. You live life to the fullest, and that is all that matters."

Sleeping Beauty gave her daughter a hug.

"I love you Briar," she said, blowing her daughter a kiss,"and that is all that matters for now."

________
Okay, so another chapter done. Whoo! I'm really sorry that it is so short. And I know that the three Briar chapters aren't that great, but I think that the next chapters are going to be a lot more exciting. So again, sorry, and I hope you enjoy!

-Isabelle