Chapter Twenty Seven: Rosabella Beauty

There were many steps to reach the awaited room. The spiral and stone architecture made the journey all the more creepier.

Rosabella panted as they reached the final step, unlike Darling who was ready to run another mile after her intense knight training.

"What do you think we'll find in The Destiny Room," Rosabella asked while reading a plaque bolted next to the thick wooden door.

"I don't know," Darling shrugged, "let's find out.

Rosabella nodded and pushed the bronze handle. The door opened to a dimly lit path with flickering torches along the wall. Darling took one from it's shaft to light up the pathway.

Turns out she hardly needed since the short hall led right into a large round room made of the same stone and cement as the stairs.

"This is creeping me out," Rosabella said as she shivered, "it reminds me of midevil times and the whole other castle is so modern."

Darling nodded although unlike her friend curiosity displayed on her face instead of worry. They both searched under a few tables that were pushed against the wall and shuffled through dusty bookcases.

Finally, Darling found a rusty old lever sticking out of a pile of moldy wood. She tugged hard.

A low rumbling sound erupted from the center of the room, followed by the sound of cement scraping each other.

Both girls stared at the center of the room as a round disk in the floor fell away and a gold stand replaced its position bearing a very famous rose.

"No way," Rosabella gasped, "that's the rose from my stor- my parent's story!"

"That's so cool!" Darling hexclaimed.

Darling inches closer to the rose. It's gold stand illuminated the room, and it's gold designed were a work of art. Darling's finger itches to touch the rose, but found a smooth glass dome protecting the rose from anyone's touch.

After much prying at the glass, Darling went back to searching. Rosabella kept on examining and found cracked gold paint on the bottom of the dirty walls

"I'm sure this used to be a beautiful room," Rosabella said after a while, holding a broken book in each hand as a crusty paper slipped from the frail binding and landed on the floor.

Rosabella sighed and picked the paper up. Darling carefully slid herself out from under a table. Her knees were coated with a thick layer of dust.

"Well..." Darling trailed off, not really sure what to say.

Rosabella sensed that her friend was finished searing, and that they had found everything that was useful. "Do you want to go backh?" She asked.

Darling shrugged, "sure."

The girls dusted themselves off, returning from the spiral staircase, Rosabella still clutching two books under arm.

"What do you think the room is for?" Rosabella asked after a moment of silence.

"I have no idea," Darling replied.

The two girls made there way to the main entrance. I loud knock sounded on the large front door as Esemary peeked her head inside.

"Hey girls, we're gathering at the base in five minutes," she said.

"Okay thanks," Darling answered.

"And don't forget to bring your books!" Esemary quickly left as Rosabella turned to face the dreaded storybook of ledgends.

Rosabella sighed and picked the up book, "great."

•••
Another chapter done! I hope you enjoyed and please vote and comment it really makes my day.

-Isabelle