Chapter Twenty Two: Briar Beauty

Brair Beauty was amazed by the sight before her eyes. There were about ten gleaming castles that look as if they were made of crystals. Each was tinted with a color. A shimmering lake shone at the base of each one and a stone bridge for each castle ran on top.

The girls stepped out onto the connecting point of all the bridges. They marveled the beauty of the greenery, as little fairies flew in and out from the bushes.

"Each castles is for each fairytale," Evelyn explained.

"Wow!" the girls said in unison.

Briar looked at each of her friends, they were all practically drooling over the sight before them. Except Apple.

Apple was self consciously clutching her arms to her chest. She looked around, pain in her eyes. Briar knew that look, after all, she was her BFFA.

Briar stood next to Apple.

"Hey Apple," she said.

"Hi," Apple stared at the ground.

"It's beautiful," Briar commented.

"Yeah," Apple agreed, not lifting her eyes from the very interesting stones that lay at her feet.

Briar put her arm around Apple as comfort. She rubbed it gently as Apple longingly looked at each castle. She started to burst with tears.

Briar held her friend protectively in her grasp, as she let Apple cry into her shoulder. She steered Apple away from the group, as they each went to explore their respective castles.

Apple stayed nestled in the comfort of Briar's shoulder until her tears flowed as a steady stream instead of a roaring waterfall. She took deep breaths with the help of Briar's rhythmic patting on her back. Eventually, she was able to wipe away the tears with the back of her sleeve.

Briar had to be carefull about her next words, as she knew she was standing on thin ice, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Apple sniffled before shaking her head.

"Okay," Briar replied softly.

She led Apple to a concreate bench and looked at the sky.

"I wasn't even sure," Apple started vaguely, "I wasn't even sure I didn't want my destiny,"

Briar opened her mouth but decided she should let Apple continue.

"And then she comes, and claims she's my sister? My older sister?" Apple shook her head, "I'm the only one here who wasn't sure, and now I'm the only one here who doesn't have a destiny. The only one."

Briar wanted to say it wasn't true, but she knew  Apple was right.

"I'm sorry Briar," Apple sniffled, "I just..." Apple trailed off, not finishing her sentence.

"Apple it's okay, everything is going to work out just fine," Briar comforted.

Apple shook her head, "I want to believe you but... I just can't." She turned away from her friend.

Briar let her thoughts settle in before continuing, "we don't know why Evelyn brought us here, there may be a reason."

"Yeah, it's probably to show us that we should be Royals just so we can live in a big castle," Apple spat back still turned from her friends face. She wiped a tear and sniffles again.

"Apple I think we should see what's going on," Briar suggested.

Apple turned back to her friend, her eyes were still puffy and red. She chocked back a sob and nodded.

The two came into the clearing. They were the only ones there besides for Evelyn who stood to the side. The other girls had gone to investigate their own castles.

Evelyn looked at the two friends as they walked passed her. Briar has her arm protectively around Apple as she guided her to the paths labeled Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Briar looked back and glared at Evelyn. How dare she do this to her friend.

•••
Ooooooh rivalry! What do you think, is Apple a royal or a rebel? Tell me in the comments below, I'm dying to hear! Thank you so much to those of you who have been supporting my story, it means so much to me that you care. I'm so happy I'm already at the 22 chapter! Wooohooo!!!Please vote and comment it really makes my day!

-Isabelle