Chapter Fourteen: Hearts Can Heal

"I hope you know (oh woah oh oh oh oh)

I hope you know (oh woah oh oh oh oh)

I never thought I'd let you go

I hope you know (oh woah oh oh oh oh)"

-I Hope You Know; Plug In Stereo ft. Tay Jardine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor's P.O.V.

I plug in my ear buds and start my favorite song by mewithoutYou. It's a nice day, so I'm going for a walk. I'm about half way into the seventh song, when all of a sudden I get bumped into to by someone when I decided not to pay attention to anything and she almost fell. "I'm so sorry," I say looking at her. The first thing I notice are her piercing blue eyes that could burn a whole in you, and almost the kindest eyes I've known, making me want to stare into them forever.

"You're sorry? I'm the clumsy one here! I'm sorry," she says. I giggle at her and she smiles.

"I'm Baylie, Baylie Brown," she says holding her hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Taylor, Taylor York," I tell her shaking it politely. "Where are you headed?"

"Well I hear there is a great little record store on the outskirts of town and I was going to go check it out," Baylie explains.

"Really? There is? What music do you like?" I ask.

"Literally everything," she tells me. "Ranging from like...country to punk rock,"

"You know the band mewithoutYou?" I ask.

"Do I? man, I live for that band!" Baylie tells me, her eyes lighting up...I mean not that they aren't already bright. Her hair is long and dark, only adding to her list of beautiful features. Her clothes are simple, dark skinny jeans and a blue strapless top.

"Yah! Record store buddies!" I say throwing my fists into the air. "Oh shoot I'm not suppose to be weird yet," I'm thinking out loud now and it's ruining my chances. She giggles at my stupidity and we start to walk together. This is too easy.

"Alright lets do it!" she says and I smile. I'm so ready to forget about the world and all the problems in it and just be happy with a stranger. She honestly doesn't feel like one, though. I feel like we were meant to meet. She is making me act completely stupid though, and that's annoying. I can't balme her for being attractive though, can I? Well, I mean, I can, but that wouldn't be fair.

"So where are you from?" I ask her.

"Just around. I move a lot," she says. "What about you? Are you from Mississippi?"

"Nah, I'm visiting. I'm from Nashville, Tennessee," I respond.

"Really? I was thinking about moving up there for a year or so," Baylie tells me.

"I thinky you should. It's a great place to be," I say.

"I'll think about it. So who are you visiting all the way down here?" she asks.

"My friends dad died and he lives here, the funeral was down here," I explain.

"That's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear that, especially for your friend," she tells me. Okay, so she is kind, attractive, she is a music fan of more than one genre, and she is talking to me. This is rare.

"Yah, he was a good man," I tell her shaking my head. One we get out of the record store, it's almost time for dinner. I loved getting to know Baylie, she is really sweet. "Are you hungry?" I ask her softly and nervously.

"A little bit, why?" she asks me with a small smile.

"Do you want to grab something to eat with me?" Gosh, those are hard words to get out, but this was a breeze. My emotions are really confusing me right now, and I don't know what to mke of them.

"I would love to," she replies with a huge smile. I love her smile. I'm glad I went on a walk.

"So, Taylor, I still hardly know you," she tells me.

"Those are scary words," I say

"Now it's time for some serious questions," she tells me. Okay I'm completely confused.

"What the heck does that mean?"

"What is your favorite color?" she asks.

"You seriously got me scared. It's blue, by the way," I tell her.

"That was the point, York!" She responds giggling cutely. We finish our dinner talking about pointless things, but I enjoy it. I think Baylie does too. The whole time I forgot about one very important thing, though. Her name is Hayley.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's seriously short and all of you hate it, but in order for the story to work out, this had to happen.