Chapter Thirty-Four: Doll Face

"Weep for yourself, my man,

You'll never be what is in your heart

Weep, little lion man,

You're not as brave as you were at the start

Rate yourself and rake yourself

Take all the courage you have left

And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head,"

-Little Lion Man; Mumford and Sons

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy's P.O.V.

It seems like Chad and I have fought a million people, but it's only been so many. I don't think we killed anyone; I wouldn't be able to live with myself. There is only one door that we haven't checked yet.

Chad is the one (again) to break open the door. The room is filled with dirty old shelves of old dolls. There are dolls faces, arms, and legs laying all over the floor and the shelves. I look at Chad and he looks just as freaked out and shocked as I am. All of a sudden, in the back of the room, a light bulb hanging from the ceiling turns on and Baylie is the one holding the chain.

--------------------------------------

Hayley's P.O.V.

I wince in pain as the man pins me down on the concrete floor. He takes the knife in his hand and carves on the same arm the Baylie did. At the point, pain is nothing. Physical pain anyway. Once he is finished, I pull myself up and look at my arm that now read F R E on it. Free? Freedom? I have a feeling it isn't 'free' though.

"Who are you?" I ask him quietly. He doesn't answer, he just leaves the room. I know this is a set up, and that he wants me to leave this room so that something planned will happen. He knows I'll leave. I stand and pick up my knife, sticking it in it's leather pouch I still have. Next I go into the cabinet and take a lot of things for my trip to freedom, physically, emotionally, and mentally. I grab a pocket knife and stick it in my bra just in case. Then I pick up one of the bottles of liquid drugs and stick it in my bra as well. I notice that he forgot his shot gun, and obviously take advantage of it, holding it in my hand.

I press the button closing the cabinet and the button opening the door, as I run out and into the first open door I see. Inside the room it is empty but there is another two doors, red on the left, and blue on the right. I break open the red door and walk in, gun ready. There is one person tied up in the corner. Mckayla. "Holy shit," I whisper running to her. I use my knife to untie her and I remove the cloth in her mouth.

"Mckayla, it's going to be okay, I promise. I need you to run as fast as you can and call the police okay?" I ask her as she shakes crying.

"What if they catch me and kill me, Hayley?" she asks me softly. I can see the fear in her eyes. "They have Mom,"

"I'll find her too, I promise, then we will be okay, just run," I respond to her carefully. My question is, how long have they been here? She nods and runs as fast as the eleven year old can go, out into the sunlight and away for help. I feel like they wanted that to happen though.

I take the next door, which when open, leads door a flight of stairs. I slowly walk down them, turning on the light bulb hanging from the ceiling, my gun still shaking in my hand. I see the outline of another chair and walk toward it. I turn on yet another light and gasp at the victim. My mother. Not my step mother, but my mother. I thought she was dead. I untie her through tears and shaking hands and tell her to find Mckayla. Two free, a million more to go.

I walk farther into the dark, cold room, until the next door on the left. I swear this place is like a maze. The next person I find is Justin, which I do the same thing for. "Justin, before you go, everyone I thought as dead is turning out to be alive, apart from me finding Mckayla first. Does that mean that Taylor could be...alive?" I say him.

"She told you we were all dead? Wow. I haven't seen Taylor for weeks, Hayley, actually. Angela is too scared to kill, she won't go that far. That's why your mom was forced to kill your dad. I'm not surprised if she used the same idea with Taylor, to be honest," Justin tells me. He looks weak and dirty. He has an old white t shirt and pants but his beard has grown out.

"Oh," I say. That's all I can bring myself to say actually. I'm out of tears. Justin sighs and walks toward the wall, pressing a red button. Yet another cabinet opens and Justin pulls out a long knife and closes the cabinet.

"They make this too easy. Let's go," he tells me.

"You're coming?" I ask a little comforted by having someone with me.

"They threatened my family," Justin explains as we take the next door. It opens into a lighter room with more light bulbs already on and multiple red buttons all over the wall. A huge game show looking wheel is in the center of the room, black and white. It has things like, 'the hot room' and 'the chamber' written on it.

Justin and I exchange glances, weapons ready, when all of a sudden part of the wall in the far right corner opens up revealing the person I least expected to be there. Her name is Liz.

-----

Baylie's P.O.V.

Before he could push me into the wall, I held out a rag that was in my hand and pressed it to his mouth, watching as the strong man instantly fell to the ground unconscious. I already finished with Jeremy, because the large cut on his arm weakened him. Chad tried to knock me out, but I've been in training.

I call for David and James to carry the bodies for me, to the main room where the final battle was going to begin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So short it's scary. Questions are both from MrsSchzimmyDeanie. Ask your questions below!

What are some other bands that you like?

Well you creepy stalker, (just kidding you know I love you) I listen to Tonight Alive, WATIC, Icon For Hire, Flyleaf, All Time Low, Echosmith, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Evanescence, VersaEmerge, He Is We, and I've been listening to some Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil, and Mayday Parade recently.

Also, I listen to a new artist who's debut EP is coming out soon, Elizabeth Grace, if you all want to check her out.

What got you into writing?

I've always loved writing, and I write poetry, short stories, and all kinds of things. The fan fiction thing was just an idea I had about 6 months ago that was originally not a fan fiction, but I was going through a lot of feels and sort of just took all of the stories I've read and stuck it into a sloppy, short fan fiction called Last Hope.

This story was more of a release for everything I've been experiencing that started right about when I got this account. Writing and music are both my escape so I took advantage. Now I'm at over 13.7K total reads, which is amazing. I want to be a writer in the future.

The picture on the side made my life.