09 | Irony of Love

First Drafts
- Irony of Love -

I thought I knew exactly what love was. But turns out, I never actually knew love.

Until love came crashing into my world, breaking down the barriers, and avoiding any obstacle just to get in. Love crashed—like how tidal waves crashed into the shore—colliding and filling me up with laughter and jokes.

People used to tell me that love is perfect.
Love is absolute tranquil.
Love is divine, love is blissful, love is kind.
Love is everything positive.

But it's not.

I saw love as something else; something more than perfections. Because love had flaws, and a lot of it.

Love isn't perfect, love makes mistakes.
Love isn't absolute tranquil, love is chaotic.
Love isn't divine, love is wretched.
Love isn't blissful, love gave delayed pains.
Love isn't kind, love was bloody selfish.

Love didn't give you positivity all the time because love was toxic. Love had a lot of flaws. But people don't tell us that. People only mention the good side of everything, but fail to warn us over other important things.

And that was why things went crumbling down when i tried to follow love. Because nobody told me, what love really was.

Nobody warned me, how painful love could be to someone; how rude, how dishonest, how cruel, love could be to someone. Nobody warned me, and so I left my heart unguarded. Then love went to destroy the door without a knock. One kick and the door was open. The door towards unbearable emotions.

In just that kick, love got in.

And love was unexpected.
Love came and expanded so high, giving me fragments of feelings I thought I'd never get to feel. Then love disappeared. Bringing with it pieces of my heart I didn't even know existed.

Love vanished like rain in the day, and everyone saw that black hole but me.