30 | Nightmare

First Drafts
- Nightmare -

The room was dark, with only the moonlight seeping through the curtains as the light source. His eyes adjusted to the darkness quick, and it filled with shock as he stared at the blood in his hands.

It wasn't his blood.

He spotted a figure lying down on the floor. He couldn't make out who it was, but he knew it was a girl.

He stood, and just on cue, a car passed by, sending a flash of light into the room.

He saw her face.
The face of the girl he called his.
The face of a person who showed him love.

How did this happen?

He knelt, tears brimming at the corner of his eyes. His heart pounded aggressively, and his body began to shake. He brushed her cold, icy cheeks softly as the tears spilled.

She was gone.

The tears dripping turned into a storm, and his vision became a blur.

He suddenly heard her voice calling out to him. Baby...

She doesn't stop calling, and he turned his head from left to right, trying to find where she was. But he couldn't find her. All he could see was her lifeless body lying on the cold floor.

He screamed, and her calls grew louder and louder; it started to hurt him.

His eyelids snapped open, and there he saw her.
Worried plastered all over her face, her hair a mess as though she had just woke up—and she did—she just woke up.

His arms found its way around her quick, pulling her into a tight hug, and she asked if he was alright.

It was just a dream.
No, it was a nightmare.

Seeing her dead,
How could he have lived with that?