PROLOGUE

ANDREA CHEVROLET VERGARA

I end up losing if I decide to give up.

Though if I continue to fight, I'll eventually lose.

What else can I do?

What else can I do to win this fight?

I would want win him back, but I was not sure how. I would want to recapture our past selves, but I was not sure well enough how.

I love him, but I did not know whether he feels the same way, or if he ever did. Thus, despite the fact that I never remember hearing him utter those words, his actions speak for itself.

"Action speaks louder than words," some say, however, what if I was just drawing conclusions? What if I merely assumed the sentiments were fair and equitable, but it was actually a one-sided love?

Nonetheless, realizing such, I still pushed whatever I could to get him to express his inner sentiments. But there he was, always shoving me away, always forcing me to leave his life. Despite this, I kept on lingering and drawing myself closer to him. That perhaps I was completely sober and gyrating throughout the raindrops when God drenched the cosmos with utter stupidity when it came to love. It was a naivety that came to the point where I sacrificed it all for him, including things I thought I'd never be able to go and do.

But what if the unhappiness was overwhelming?

What if the distress has become too strong for me to bear?

Will I continue to stand up for him?

Will I continue to chase him?

Will I continue to be naive because of my love towards him?

Will I still be in love with him?

What if everyone in my close surroundings begs mw to wake up and stop? Stop chasing him and stop loving him. Will I give heed to them? Will I believe what they say?

Will I still fill whatever my heart mutters, or will I adhere to my mind?

Others believe that I must constantly listen to my heart, yet that I must also take my mind because the heart itself does not always come out on top. The sentiments of the heart do not always rule transcendent.

Nevertheless, if I have to pick between a heart that wants to fight for him and a mind that wants to stop, which will I choose? What will I do if I get torn betwixt hopelessness and hope?

"Andrea, first and foremost, choose yourself! Stay away from him now that you know who you really are! You're not suited to be together!"

Somewhere along the corridors of having to fight for love, unexpected epiphanies arise. What if, in the process of chasing him back, I found something much more important about myself?

Shall I consider giving up on him and simply acknowledge that we weren't made to be with each other?

Shall I face the fact that he has already become the one that got away?