Chapter 14. Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting

Chapter 14

“Paul is going to be so angry” I laughed, watching Niall fiddle furiously with the buttons of his white dress shirt.

“I know” he muttered, still struggling “Damn, buttons”

I laughed and switched seats so I was sitting next to him in what I guessed was Zayn’s seat from the varsity jacket draped over the back of the chair “Let me”

I reached up to take the tiny button in between his fingers as he continued to fiddle.

 I whacked his hand “Stop”

“Sorry” he blushed

I undid the buttons swiftly and easily, opening up the white shirt that stuck to Niall’s chest with a thin layer of sweat

“How much do you jump around on stage?” I laughed as I sat back from undoing the final button

“A lot” he smiled, pulling off the shirt and chucking it to the other side of the van “It’s actually quite funny, because usually in those clothes we aren’t meant to jump around as much as we do”

“Are you meant to hit each other with the props?” I asked, remembering a video I had seen of Niall throwing something at Liam and Liam getting him back by whacking him with it repeatedly

He laughed loudly “You’ve seen that?”

“Yeah, who hasn’t?”

He pulled his shirt on over his head and sat back with a loud sigh “God I’m so tired”

“Then we shouldn’t have gone out”

“No!” he jumped, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a big hug “I take it back, I can stay up, I’m not tired”

I laughed and tried to pull myself away from his chest “Okay, I get it”

He didn’t let me go, instead rocking us side to side and hugging me tighter.

“Niall” I laughed “Let me g-“

The car came to a quick halt and Niall and I went sprawling onto the floor. He groaned as I landed on top of him with a squeal.

“We should really wear seatbelts” he muttered pushing me up and sitting up

I laughed “We should”

My phone rang in my back pocket. I pulled it out and scrolled over the text quickly before reading it out to Niall.

“Harry says; Draco’s all good with Lou. We’re covering for you and at the same time trying to get where you are out of Liam and Louise. By the way, Paul is on your tail and seriously angry”

Niall laughed and pulled us back up to the seats, buckling us in with a smile “Liam won’t tell”

“Don’t want anyone to follow us?” I laughed

“Well apparently Paul already is” he shrugged “But he’ll leave us alone when he see’s where were going”

“Where are we going?”

He winked “Surprise”

*

I was blind folded before we got out of the car. Niall had attacked me with Harry’s tie as soon as the car stopped.

“No peaking” he ordered as he slid the door open and pulled me out – literally pulled