Chapter 26. First Night in LA

Chapter 26

“Danielle you’re staying in Liam’s room, Eleanor you’re staying in Louis room and Riley-“the big security guy in the van turned to me “Niall room”

I nodded. The boys were already in their hotel rooms getting settled before they had rehearsals. Niall had told me briefly in the car yesterday that they had a couple of rehearsals here and there but the rest of their time was their own.

The hotel was surrounded by cameras and reporters waiting for the boys to return from their first rehearsal but instead turned on us as we stepped out of the van and tried to enter the hotel, bellboys taking our bags from security and pushing through to the front of the hotel behind us.

“Eleanor would you like to comment on you’re and Louis relationship? Eleanor what do you think of the rumors surrounding your relationship?” Eleanor turned away and put her head down, a frown on her face and lips pressed into a line to ignore the comments as best she could.

“Danielle what was it like performing at the London Olympics? What do you think of the comments about your ability to dance and to get jobs?” Danielle’s reaction was slightly better; she just gave everyone a tight smile and moved along with Eleanor, leaving me beside Ross, our security guard.

“Riley, Riley does Niall want to be with you? What do you have to say to the people who call you a bad mother? Where’s Draco? Why doesn’t he live with you anymore? Are you as bad a mother as they say? Riley!” I closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to walk past them all. Someone from the crowd grabbed my hand and pulled me to the edge of the barrier.

“Riley, we have a couple of questions for you” screamed a reporter “Magazines back in London are saying that your little boy doesn’t live with you anymore, why is that?”I opened my mouth to reply but she didn’t stop. “What happened to Draco’s father? Why does he have nightmares? It’s been said that Niall isn’t comfortable in a relationship with you and your son, it that the reason you sent him away? Or did you need time away? Having a child as a teenager can be hard I understand, do you get criticism, what’s the worst thing you’ve been called?”

Everything around me seemed to quiet down to hear my reply, I could heard Danielle pushing her way through the security to get to me, Eleanor calling out behind her.

“Draco’s father died in a house fire” I whispered, looking straight into the eyes of the interviewer “Draco was inside at the time, that’s why he has nightmares, I love him, he’s away getting therapy help with his night terrors, I wish he wasn’t but it’s better for him, Niall loves me, Niall loves Draco like his own son, Draco calls him Daddy-“ The reporters eyes widened with sadness and intrigue “Niall is his Daddy as far as my son is concerned and Niall is my family as far as I’m concerned, as for the worst thing I’ve ever been called-“ Danielle grabbed my arm and began to pull me away “Is a bad mother”

Screams got louder and louder and then died off all together as we entered the hotel and then the elevator, flying up to our floor.

“You didn’t have to talk to them” said Danielle as she held down the close doors button to hurry us up to our floor. Eleanor wrapped her arms around me as she noticed a small tear escape my eye.

“I know” I nodded breath shaky “I just had to say something, she asked about Niall and Pat and Draco and…” I shook my head as another tear rolled from my eye “Don’t tell Niall but those 3 questions together absolutely kill me”

“Its okay” El said hugging me tightly “We won’t tell him”

El and Dani cleaned up my messy make-up and we all got into our PJ’s. We spent the rest of the afternoon and into the night watching crappy romance movies and making fun of the characters, until the boys got home. Niall walked in with Harry and Liam, Louis and Zayn’s voices clear in the hallway.