Chapter 41. Bath Time

Chapter 41

When we got back to the house there was a bustling female voice coming from the bedrooms.

“Bobby, is that you?” she called, accent thick “How many time do I have to tell you, you clean the house before you have company, you don’t just pull up covers and pull closed doors, honestly Bobby”

Bobby walked in behind us and chuckled “Oh Maura, you were always one to get in a fuss about the little things, it’s just the boys”

“It is not just the boys, its Niall’s girlfriend, who we haven’t met yet, ever heard of first impressions Bobby?” Niall’s mum huffed “Obviously not”

I giggled and curled into Niall’s chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist. Niall’s parents were quite hilarious.

“Darling” Bobby laughed “Would you like to come say hello to your son and Riley?”

A head of short cut blonde hair popped out of the doorway and she gaped at us “Oh dear” Maura rushed out and gave Greg a hug and a quick kiss, then Niall and then she wrapped me in a giant hug.

“Hello darling, it’s so nice to finally meet you” she grinned holding me at arm’s length “I’m so sorry you had to hear that-“ she shot a dirty look at Bobby, who simply laughed “-These boys are quite difficult”

“Now I know where Niall gets it from” I chuckled, earning a scowl from Niall. I kissed his cheek and he smiled, pulling me tightly into his side. “I’m so sorry I didn’t get to meet you when you were in London for Niall’s birthday” I continued “We weren’t in the best place to be honest”

“Oh it’s nothing darling” She smiled “I’m glad Niall brought you home to meet us, He’s been dying to show you Mullingar”

“Riley!” screamed Sean, running into the house, pausing by Maura “Hi Maura”

“Hello Sean” Maura laughed, kissing his cheek before he ran off again.

“What are you doing?” laughed Niall

“Your son is chasing me!” Sean screamed back

Niall and I turned to find Draco, running through the door covered in mud, chasing after Sean. I gasped and picked up the little boy as he ran past, causing him to frown.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked him

“Uncle Sean, Uncle Sea” Draco pointed, squirming to get out of my arms

“Why are you covered in mud?” I asked

“Puddle” he answered

“Okay that’s it” I sighed, sitting him on my hip, cold mud dripping through my shirt onto my skin “Bath time”

“No, no bath mama”

“Bath time” I said again “and say sorry to Papa for walking mud into his house”

Draco pouted and turned to Bobby “Sorry Papa”

Bobby nodded and gave his hair a short tussle, wiping his hand on his jeans afterwards to remove the small traces of mud.

“I’m so sorry” I said to Bobby and Maura “He knows not to come in with dirty shoes or dirty anything for that matter”

“Boys will be boys” Maura laughed “Do you want me to run a bath for him?”

 “Don’t be silly, I’ll do it, just point me in the direction of the bathroom”

“I’ll show you” said Niall, taking Draco from me and sitting him on his hip and grabbing my hand “We’ll be out for dinner okay Ma?”