Chapter 21. Goodnight

It's short, but sweet :)

Chapter 21

“Why are you all over Twitter?” asked Harry, phone in his hand as he walked out from where he had finished cleaning up our plates from dinner. We were all in the living room, watching late night TV, Zayn on the single seater, Niall and I snuggled on the double seater where I had watched their interview after I first moved in.

“Who are you talking to Haz?” I asked looking up from where my head had been buried in Niall neck.

“Niley” he replied, using our couple name rather than our individual names. The boys did that a lot lately when they were talking to both of us. “You’re all over twitter”

“We saw some girls in the Thai place took a photo and had a conversation”

“That’s why “The Princess and The King” is trending?”

I laughed “That’s my fault, I sent out a tweet because the girls called me a princess”

“And where did the king bit come in?”

“No idea” I lied. I know Harry wouldn’t check my tweets; He wasn’t even bothered to check his phone when his mum rang. He was too lazy for his own good sometimes.

“Alright” he shrugged, flinging himself onto the other single seater with a yawn “What are we watching?”

“Saturday Night Live” I smiled “I think there’s a new band on their”

He looked back at me cheekily “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, just some losers from around here” Zayn laughed as I smirked “The one with curls seems really annoying”

“What about the blonde one?” asked Harry

I shrugged “He’s alright”

“Can they sing?”

“I dunno, but I’ll tell you one thing” I laughed as all 5 one direction boys ran on to the skit “They can’t act at all”

All the boys laughed with me and I snuggled further into Niall’s chest.

*

“Where did “the King” come from?” whispered Niall, wrapping his arms around me as I brushed my teeth before bed that night “I’m not like Harry, I’m not just going to take you shrugging your shoulders as an answer”

I laughed “Alright you caught me, it was on my Tweet”

“I know” he chuckled “I did some spying”

I whacked him over my shoulder and we both laughed again.

“Stalker”

“No” he said spinning me around and holding me against the counter with his hips “It’s not onsidered stalking if we’re dating”

“And we’re dating aren’t we” I gasped in fake surprise “I had completely forgotten, I thought you were just hanging around because I had a cute son”

“That’s half the reason” I whacked him again and he laughed, grabbing my hand in his “The other half is because you’re my princess”

I bit my lip and blushed. People had always called me Niall’s Princess but Niall had never called me His Princess. To hear him confirming what everyone thought was both shocking and comforting – at least he wasn’t just hanging around because of my cute son.

“What?” he whispered tilting my head up to look at him “Was it something I said?”

“No” I smiled, pecking his lips “It’s nothing”

“You sure?”

“Positive” I smiled “Let’s go to bed”

Niall grabbed my hand and dragged us out of the ensuite and into Stella’s double bed. I flicked off the light on the night stand and snuggled into the warm, fluffy blankets on the bed.

A warm hand wrapped around my exposed hip, gripping lightly and pulling me back away from the edge of the bed into the middle to be flush against a warm body. Niall was always warm, even in the middle of winter.

“What?” I groaned, rolling over and nuzzling my nose into his bare chest.

“You really think I’m a king?”

I smiled and nodded, kissing his shoulder “A king and a Prince Charming, take your pick at which one you want to be called”

He laughed and kissed my forehead “I’d prefer to be called something else”

“What’s that?”

“Riley’s Boyfriend”

I looked up at him, still seeing the sparkling blue of his eyes in the shadowy darkness. He was so gorgeous, his bottle blonde hair was growing long and his brown roots where showing, his blue eyes were always so wide and so happy and his slim pink lips were always turned up in a smile and his braces only made him more attractive.

I pecked his lips slowly and looked up at him again through my eyelashes “I love you, you know that?”

“I didn’t really until just now” he replied “But I love you too”

I wrapped my fingers in his hair and kissed him again; harder and sweeter this time “I love you”

He smiled and pulled my up against his chest, wrapping our legs together

“I love you” he whispered in my ear, kissing down my neck “I love you so much”

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of his warm lips on my cold skin. He pressed hard kisses to my jaw and neck and soft kisses to my cheeks, forehead and eyelids before pressing one long kiss to my lips.

“Goodnight Baby” he whispered “Sweet Dream”

“Goodnight Prince Charming” I replied, burying my head under his and cuddling close to his chest.

Then everything went black.

Niall’s POV

I watched Riley sleep for a moment; her blonde hair sprawled out behind her, her wide green eyes closed and her perfect pink lips opened slightly with heavy breaths.

I kissed her forehead and rested my nose against her hair line. She was so gorgeous; I never thought I’d fall this hard about a girl before and now I was totally in love.

And I wasn’t just in love with Riley, I loved Draco like my own son and that thought didn’t scare me at all. I loved this little family and I wanted to be a part of it, whether I was Uncle Ni or Daddy, I wanted to be with them forever and always.

Draco was my little prince and Riley was my Queen. Princess was just too small a term for this big hearted girl.

I guess that really did make me a king.