Chapter 36. Romeo and Juliet in the Rain

Chapter 36

My phone rang on the night I least expected it. It had been raining all day and now it was thundering and the sky had been darker than it usually was at midnight at about 4pm, so it was an inside day. 

I had sent Draco to bed about 7pm and now I was just sitting up watching late night Telly and staring into the bottom of my cup. My phone was next to me and at about 10 to 12 when the screen lit up and a familiar ringtone started to play.

I answered without thinking "Hello?"

"You never called" he replied, voice loud, accent thick "You said you would"

"I- I-" 

"It's okay" he laughed "Harry told me what you said, You're right, maybe you shouldn't have had me in Draco's life like that so quickly and I agree, I can't just walk back into your life"

"I'm glad you understand"

"You still should have called me"

I chuckled "You always have a way with words, don't you Nialler"

"I do" I could almost see the smirk "But there no good if I don't get to use them on the girl I hope to charm"

"Idiot" I laughed "And where is this girl that you can't 'charm her'"

"She's locked herself up in her house, refusing to pick up the phone to call me" He laughed "Im starting to think she's dead"

"Did you try calling her?" 

"Yeah"

"And?"

"She called me an idiot" 

"So what are you going to do?"

"I was going to try a Romeo and Juliet style serenade, a friend of hers told me it's her favorite romance novel"

I laughed. Harry and I had done Romeo and Juliet as a school English novel and I had fallen in love with the idea of it, someone willing to die for my love was probably the most romantic thing I could think of at the age of 15 and probably still was. It was my favorite romance novel ever. I had never told Niall that though.

"Does she have a balcony?" I asked him, a smile on my face.

"Yeah" I heard him laugh "Come out onto Stella's balcony"

I frowned. Stella's balcony was facing the backyard. He was here.

I raced up the stairs and threw open the balcony door, throwing up an umbrella as the sky lit up with lightning. I stepped out and looked down, trying to distinguish any figures from the dark, muddy grass out back. 

A bright light lit up from down on the grass and 5 boys appeared, drenched, clothes clinging to them.

Niall stood in front, guitar in his hands, a giant smile on his face as he started to strum, Liam, Louis, Harry and Zayn humming the tune behind him.

"Hello, I know it's been a while, I wonder where you are and if you think of me, sometimes, cause your always on my mind, you know I had it rough, trying to forget you, but the more I look around, the more I realize, your all I'm looking for" Niall paused, a big smile on his face.

"You are not singing Carly Rae Jepsen!" I screamed with laughter. Niall shrugged.

"What makes you so beautiful is you don't know how beautiful you are to me, you’re not trying to be perfect, nobody's perfect, but you are to me, it's how you take my breath away, feel the words that I don't say, I wish somehow I could say them now, oh, oh, I could say them now"