Chapter 43. A Claddagh Ring

Thanks to How2lovexo for the idea for this chapter, my little partner in crime! Thanks heaps doll!!! 

Enjoy guys, 2 uploads in one day! Woo! 

Chapter 43.

“Don’t look so worried” laughed Niall “It’s not what you think it is”

“It’s not?” I squeaked, nerves taking over my voice “How can you say it’s a ring box but it not be what I think it is?”

Niall raised an eyebrow at my muttering and shook his head “Babe-“

“What?” I said quickly

“Breathe”

I took a deep breath and gave Niall a small look through my eyelashes “Sorry”

“Its okay” he smiled, kissing my cheek “I know what it looks like but it’s not that, I promise”

“Then what is it?”

“I’m glad you asked” he smiled opening the box for me to see inside. In the hold of the white cushion was a small silver ring, there was a heart in the centre of the ring, being held by two hands on either side and topped with a crown. I had seen the ring before, but I had no idea what it was.

“This is a claddagh ring” said Niall “It’s a traditional Irish ring and it has a bunch of different meanings depending on how you wear it”

“It’s beautiful” I whispered starring down at the simple silver ring in the box

“It’s a promise ring and engagement ring and a wedding ring all in one, when you wear it like this-“ Niall picked up my right hand and placed the point of the heart towards me “-it means you’re in a relationship, or your heart has been ‘captured’”

I giggled and gave Niall a sweet kiss “It’s amazing, thank you”

“I’m not done yet” he laughed, pulling the ring from my right hand and picking up my left “When you wear it like this-“he placed the ring on my left hand with the tip of the heart facing away from me “-it means your engaged and this-“he turned the ring around so the tip pointed towards me again on my left hand “-it means you’re married”

“I’ll say it again; it’s amazing, thank you so much Niall” I smiled

Niall placed the ring back on my right hand, heart tip facing me and kissed me gently, leaning his forehead against mine and whispering to me softly “With my hands I give you my heart and crown it with my love

“You romantic sod” I laughed kissing him gently again, both of my hands on his face “I love you”

“I love you more” he smiled “and now I finally have a reason to wear this”

Niall pulled a silver chain off his bedside table that he always seemed to wear underneath his shirts, he always took it off when we went to bed but I had never bothered distinguishing the different charms from one another until now. There was a silver ring on the chain, like the one Niall had just given me, only the hands, heart and crown were smaller and inside 2 silver rings.

Niall handed me the ring and I smiled. He wanted me to put the ring on for him.

“Same way?” I asked

He nodded “Right hand, point facing me”

I placed the ring on his finger and he smiled as I leaned up to kiss him, whispering the same thing he had whispered to me moments ago; “With my hands I give you my heart and crown it with my love”