Chapter 35. All I Found Was Niall

SHORT CHAPTER! SORRY <3

Chapter 35

Harry was the first to see me after the boys arrived back from Germany. I hadn’t heard from the boys for the past 2 days that they were out of the country but I had heard a lot of them. Their new single was on every radio station, the film clip was on every TV channel or at least being mentioned on every TV channel, I couldn’t even escape them on the internet, the song was the background music or focus for so many YouTube videos and adds and every time I heard it, it seemed to be the same 2 lines by the same voice that had sung Draco to sleep every night about 4 months ago.

‘Yeah, we’ll be doing what we do, Just pretending that we’re cool, so ton-‘

I turned the radio off, shaking my head. I didn’t think a break up would be this hard, I know that everything reminds you of that person in one way or another but I didn’t realize how different it was when it didn’t remind you of them, it was of them. His face was plastered everywhere, smiling, laughing, blue eyes alive and kind, they looked better than they did when he stared at me on the front lawn the first morning I got out of bed, happier and they certainly looked better than they did when they were full of anger and hurt and where screaming at me from the front lawn the night I told him to get out.

I blinked, I didn’t like to remember his face that night, I tried to block it out. His face had been so angry, taunting, voice screaming and lips trembling. Everything about him that night had a double meaning, his arms were open, eyes wide and furious, lips trembling from the amount of screaming he did but I could see what the others didn’t, his arms were open for me to run into, to cling to him, to let us forget all of this if I just took a few steps forward and clung onto him, his eyes were wide because he was trying to keep tears back, the blue was washed over with hurt and sorrow and his lips were trembling because he wanted to break down and cry, like I had wanted to, like he apparently had when he was out of camera shot. He was screaming at me ‘Fine! I’ll leave you alone’ when I could see his lips form different words than what he had said, he wanted to say ‘I love you’ he wanted to say ‘Don’t leave me alone’ but he didn’t. He couldn’t.

I dreamed about that night and it scared me, sometimes the dream was Niall breaking down and the two of us crying together, other times it was him lashing out and screaming and shouting at me and then we were in the kitchen, in a different house and there were two people screaming and shouting at each other and a small Niall cowering in the corner. I know his parents had separated but I doubt they’d ever screamed at each other like we did that night, I just couldn’t help comparing us to them, the fact that they broke apart with children and now Draco wandered around the house, kicking his soccer ball on his own, refusing to wear his jersey down the park until Niall came with us.

“Mama!” screamed Draco, running through the door in his little jumper and boots that Stella had brought him for his birthday “Mama, we home”

I smiled and closed the magazine I hadn’t been reading, simply holding and curled him up on my lap as he jumped up onto me. “I can see that” I laughed “What’d you do with Nanny at the shops?”

“Nanny still there” he smiled

I frowned “Who brought you home?”

“Hazza!” he threw his arms up and I turned to look towards the door to find Harry in a sweater, collared shirt, slacks and converse, slipping his phone away with a cheeky smirk, I guessed he’d taken a photo of Draco and I but I never had the chance to ask because Draco shoved two plastic cases in my face, causing me to look back at him. “Uncle Hazza gave me CD’s” Draco smiled, looking down at the two CD’s in his lap – The first being Up All Night and the second being Take Me Home, the boys latest, that had yet to be released, both signed, both brand new.