Chapter 25. Just One

Chapter 25

“Daddy, Daddy can we play football?” begged Draco, pulling on Niall’s jeans as he put our bags into the guest room of the small house Mum and Audrey had rented for the 2 weeks. It was small, quaint, like something out of a romance novel and the air around me felt suddenly so much calmer.

“Course we can buddy!” smiled Niall, throwing the little boy up in his arms and blowing raspberries on his stomach, causing him to giggle and squirm “I’ll get my jersey and Mummy and I will take you down”

“Yay!” screamed Draco as Niall placed his feet back on the floor “I’ll go tell Nana!”

The little boy ran out of the room, a skip in his step as Niall turned to me with a small smile “You don’t mind?” he asked

“Not at all” I smiled, pulling out his jersey and throwing it over his shoulder “Get changed, Draco won’t wait long”

Niall smiled and swapped his shirts quickly “You know I can only stay overnight right?”

“You’re going to…” I paused, trying to remember their next destination

“America” he laughed kissing my frowning forehead “VMA’s remember”

“Oh yeah” I smiled “You’re up for 3 awards?”

“Yup”

“You fly out tomorrow afternoon don’t you?”

“Yeah, you can come if you want”

“I-“ I stopped “I don’t know if I should”

Niall sighed “You’re worried about what they’re going to say aren’t you”

“No, it’s just-“ I sighed “They don’t like me Niall, even after all the love your fans gave me at the airport that once, I doubt it’ll happen again after all these paper head-lines, I don’t think it’s a good idea”

“What if I said I wanted you to come?” he pouted, grabbing my hand and pulling me into him gently “What if I said I really, really want you to come with me?”

I shook my head “Niall-“

“Eleanor and Danielle are going, there sitting behind us, you’d be with me the whole night, you wouldn’t have to leave the hotel except for then if you don’t want to” he pleaded “No one would let anyone hurt you, not the girls, not the boys, not Paul or the team, no one would be able to touch you and we’d get to every newspaper, you have no idea what our fans can do if they try”

I laughed and looked up at him “You really want me to come?”

“I really, really want you to come” he nodded

“Okay” I shrugged, half in defeat, half in understanding “I’ll come”

“Good” he grinned “Because I already paid for the plane ticket and those things are kind of hard to exchange.” I laughed and whacked his shoulder as he scratched the back of his head innocently “What can I say; I really wanted you to come”

I rolled my eyes “Come on Mr., we have a kid to take out”

Niall grabbed the soccer ball and spun it around in his hands “All ready”

The park was strangely quiet for a sunny afternoon, not that I was complaining because this was it was just us 3 around.

“Harry texted me before” said Niall as Draco took the ball and ran off towards the next at the end of the field where we were heading “Asked how you were going”