Chapter 32. "I just lost everything"

Song: Sleeping With Sirens. Scene Two: Roger Rabbit

Chapter 32

“Talk to him” begged Harry, standing by the door, arms folded and frown on his face.

“No” I replied, tucking Draco into bed “I won’t talk to him”

“Is Daddy gonna say goodnight?” whispered Draco softly, rubbing his little fist against his eyes “He didn’t say goodnight”

“I’ll go get Niall” I replied, kissing his forehead “Goodnight baby boy”

“Night Mama”

I turned and walked out of the room, pausing by Harry “Say goodnight to your god son will you?”

Harry nodded and I ran downstairs to find Niall. Harry and Liam had, had to pry him away from the front door after our argument and it had taken all 4 boys to sit him down and talk some sense into him, telling him that he would be all over the newspapers and give his mum a heart attack if she saw that her son had punched someone’s lights out on the front lawn of his girlfriends house. A girlfriend she still hadn’t met.

“Niall” I called into the living room, the blonde turning around to face me with no emotion on his face.

“Talking to me now are we?” he sneered, voice laced with anger and eyes staring at me with no happiness at all.

“Draco’s asking for you” I replied “I wouldn’t be saying anything otherwise”

Niall jumped off the lounge and pushed past me, racing up the stairs Harry was coming down at the exact same moment. The boys exchanged glances but no words and continued their original ways.

“What’s with the cold shoulder?” I asked Harry “Niall and I are fighting, not you”

“He hurt you” he muttered miserably “It’s his fault the reporters are here”

I rolled my eyes “It’s not his fault there here, he didn’t do anything, there just a bunch of pricks”

“You got that right”

Harry followed me into the kitchen and we both sculled a glass of water in silence, even when Niall walked in to grab an apple and gave Harry and I a hard look before walking straight back out, neither of us spoke.

“Spill it Haz” I whispered as he stared down at the bottom of his empty glass “I have Niall freezing me out, I don’t need you as well”

“I’m not freezing you out” he hummed under his breath “Everything’s just really tense right now, I know what you’re like, and I’m waiting for you to blow your top”

“I haven’t blown my top since I was about 16 Harry” I chuckled “And if I do, it won’t be at you”

Harry looked up at me with dark eyes “That’s what I’m worried about”

“Don’t worry about him” I placed my glass in the sink “He gives as good as he gets”

I walked out of the kitchen after that, planning on doing some study or checking up on Katie at the hospital but I caught a mutter of Harry’s words as I exited, turning my stomach and eating away at my insides.

“I know” he whispered “Someone’s gonna get hurt with your tempers”

Harry wasn’t wrong. At half past 8 the reporters were still out the front, some even had the nerve to knock on the front door, they were waking Draco up from what would usually be a solid 10 hours sleep, so he was sitting with Harry on the floor, watching late night re-runs of some stupid kid show I wasn’t even paying attention to, I was more interested in trying to hear Niall pacing around in the hall behind me.