Chapter 17. Hypnotherapy?

Chapter 17

“Are you going to be okay?” asked Stella sipping at her tea

I nodded, zipping up Draco’s jacket and letting him run off to find his shoes “I’ll be fine”

She sighed and nodded “Text me when you get out, I want to know what he says”

I checked the clock. 8am. I had to be at the doctor’s office by 8:30 for Draco’s appointment.

“I text you, ring Niall and the boys then go to wherever I have to go for whatever I have to get if he tells me” I sighed pulling on my own hoodie “Today is just-“

“Don’t jinx it honey” Stella kissed my forehead after dumping her tea cup in the sink and grabbed her briefcase “I’ll take Draco out to dinner tonight if you want the house to yourself?”

I nodded “That would be lovely mum, thank you”

“Anytime darling, now go get the little monkey or you’ll be late, bye!”

Stella slammed the front door closed and Draco ran back around the corner with his shoes covering his little hands “Mummy, Mummy I can’t find my hands!”

I laughed and pulled the small joggers off his hands, slipping them on his feet. I slung him up on my hip and gave his nose a little kiss “Ready?”

“Yeah”

I grabbed my keys and my phone before slamming the door closed behind us and buckling Draco into his car seat in the car.

“Mummy is the doctor a boy or a girl?” he asked

“I don’t know sweetie” I answered, pulling out of the driveway and onto the road in the direction of the doctors office.

“Will they be nice?”

“Probably”

“Are they going to check my heart?”

“Maybe”

“The heart checker is cold”

“It doesn’t last long sweetie”

Draco frowned out the window and put his thumb in-between his lips nervously.

Within 5 minutes of driving we were pulling up to a bland grey building with London Doctor’s Office written in block silver letters above the sliding glass doors. I sighed and stepped out of the car, unbuckling Draco from his seat.

He leapt up and out of the car, running for the door of the building before I had even locked the car.

“Draco!” I screamed slamming the car door shut and racing after him, my boots slapping against the tarmac. I grabbed the little boys hand and pulled her up onto my hip “Don’t run off bub”

He frowned “Sorry Mummy”

“Its okay baby” I kissed his forehead and stepped through the sliding glass doors into the small seated lobby. It was fairly empty apart from a mother and teenage daughter sitting reading magazines in the middle aisle, a son and his mother sitting in the corner near the toy’s and a young couple sitting further forward in the front aisle.

I walked up to the grey and glass counter with Draco still slung on my hip and looked over at the older woman sitting opposite me at the moment, she had dirty blonde hair tied up loosely on her head, a thick wash of mascara, thin rimmed glasses that enlarged grey eyes and tightly pursed lips, her slender fingers covered in rings tapped quickly over the keyboard stopping short as she looked up at me