Chapter 10: Forgotten Invitations

My time in Holmes Chapel proved both confusing and relaxing. I didn't spend nearly as much time with Gemma as I would've liked to, but I'm glad Harry and I had a chance to mend the broken part of our friendship. It's still not easy being around him, but I think given time I can look at him the way I used to- with nothing but friendship on my mind. 

Gem and I were both glad to have Harry drive us back to London tonight instead of having to catch the train, but she has been awfully quiet in the back seat after I called shotgun. After Ashton had to leave today to keep touring she was immediately saddened and not the same. I wonder if their relationship has made any progress or if he still won't commit. If I genuinely believed he had her best interests at heart I think I could stand him, but I just don't trust him. 

Harry and I sit in comfortable silence between us other than the sound of the radio as we weave through Sunday night traffic in London after dropping Gemma home. That is until Midnight Memories comes blaring through the car on the radio and I sing along at the top of my lungs to annoy him, banging on the dashboard as though its a drum set and banging my head like it's a rock song. He scowls at me for mocking him and I smile innocently when the song has finished.  "Thats gonna be stuck in my head all night now." I laugh. 

"Good, something to remember me by." 

"I don't need anything to remember you by, I'm seeing you tomorrow night for dinner aren't I?" We're back into full on friendship mode which has always meant whenever Harry is in town, I see him as much as possible. 

"Yes you are, but until then." He chuckles. 

"Sure sure. So, what are you cooking me tomorrow night?" 

"Ummm....that is a surprise." 

"In other words you haven't decided yet?" I laugh at him. 

"Pretty much." 

"Good to know. Well I will be happy with anything."

"You're easy in other words?" He mocks.

"I am not easy- it took you 4 years to get me into bed so that should be proof enough for you." I joke. Is it too soon to be joking about that? Something tells me I'm more affected by my own words than he is because he opens his mouth wide and laughs. 

"Ouch." He feigns hurt. 

"Face it bitch, ya got no game!"

"I was like 15 when we met, how strong did you expect my game to be?" He laughs. 

"I don't know, but it was weaaaaaaak." 

"Well sorry, if I'd known you wanted to jump into bed that first night I would've been more than happy to lose my virginity to you, an experienced older woman." 

"Don't say it like that! You make me sound like a cougar!" I scowl and swat his arm. 

"You are a cougar." He laughs and makes a 'reow' sound. 

"Oh fuck up. I wonder, if Gemma didn't have her intense 'no dating my brother' rule if we would've gotten together back then. Like never been friends and just gone straight to relationship." I ponder. 

"I don't know. I mean I was pretty young, and I was with Abby then wasn't I?"

Having a girlfriend hasn't stopped you before, my subconcious barks at him. 

"Yeah thats true. And we lived in different places, we would've been going straight into long distance and I don't think relationships work when you start off in different places." That's how I lost my high school boyfriend, I went to uni in Sheffield and he went to uni