Chapter 20: Who's Keeping Score?

We had to leave Louis' very early morning so that we get to Doncaster by 10. I am so tired from staying up all night talking. Just talking still.

"So your family's going to be there?" I ask nervously as we drive down the highway, Louis tells me we still have an hour left of our drive and I'm so bored from the first 3. He's driving his Jeep which is a nice change and I keep stealing glances at him, I've always found guys driving ridiculously attractive and it doesn't really make sense.

"Yeah but don't stress. You don't have to meet them or anything." He says, clearing noticing the panic in my voice. We're not even in a relationship, it's way too soon to meet the family.

"I don't want to be rude though..."

"Well you can meet them, but like we won't make a big deal out of it. Mums still coming to terms with the fact me and El broke up, I think she thought we'd get married. So maybe it's best if we just introduce you as my friend?" He suggests.

That's what I am, isn't it?

"Yeah sounds good." I say, not convinced. I just think it's way too soon for us to even be considering introducing each other to our parents...Why did I even come today? It's just going to be horrible, people are going to be staring at me for being here with Louis, and I don't know how his Mum is going to react to meeting me, and the rest of his family.

"Wait, can you just like tell me everyones names please? I don't want to seem unprepared." This is all so new, I know Harry's family so well and if me and him had ever got together we would've been able to bypass the whole awkward first meeting of the parents thing. But no, with Louis I can't do that. I'm completely thrown off the deep end because I don't even know what his family is like, and we're not even in a relationship. 

"Well, there's my Mum and her fiance Dan, and then I have quite a few sisters but today you'll probably meet Lottie, she's the one closest to my age, and I think Fizzy, Phoebe and Daisy will be there too. But Mum recently had twins again, but I dont think they're coming, they'll probably be with Dan. So I think it'll just be Mum, Fizzy, Phoebe and Daisy and probably Lottie too today. Fizzy's real name is Felicite. I have another sister too, Georgia but that's on the other side and she will definiltey not be here." 

"Thats alot of people to meet..." my eyes widen as he lists them off...okay, Lottie, Phoebe, Fizzy...Daisy. Okay I think I can remember that. 

"You'll be fine. It'll be super casual, and it'll only be in like the locker room quickly before hand." 

"But is my seat near them?" I ask.

"Oh fuck. Yeah it is. You'll be fine!" He takes his eyes off the road to give me a supportive grin. 

"Okay..." I hope I look okay. I'm wearing light denim jeans with a white button down boyfriend shirt and a  very thick khaki anorak over the top. Still bloody freezing though. 

...

Louis looks absolutely adorable in his football jersey, its red and white striped and way too big on him, but it looks adorable none the less. 

"Put your game face on." I laugh and he bares his teeth, looking extremely crazy. I take a picture of it, my very first picture of him that I've taken...on my camera roll I have countless pictures of Harry, this feels like such a monumental thing, like slowly Louis is creeping into my life and Harry is disapearing. It's good thing, I have to reassure myself it's a good thing. 

@CharJones: Game face is on. @Louis_Tomlinson. Goooood luck!

"Mum!" Louis grins, looking over my shoulder as we stand in this musky locker room. 

"There you are!" I hear someone say and I turn around to see Louis' Mum, accompanied by three young, blonde girls. Two shortest are definitely Daisy and Phoebe...but I can't tell if the other one is Lottie or Fizzy, I think its Fizzy.