Chapter 68

After practically dragging Harry away from the bed, his excuse being that my bikini was too revealing and it would be modern day torture for me to not sleep with him at least twice after our time at the beach. I obliged, but two was my limit, there’s so much more of this place that I want to see.

I’d untangled myself from his limbs that entrapped me in the bed, changing into a floral jumpsuit and letting my now-wavy hair down, the salt water had changed it’s natural bounce and I was loving it. I’d convinced Harry to hire bikes with me, so we could ride along the beach after I saw a lot of people doing the same and it looked so adorable.

“So Gemma told me about the box.” He says, finally getting out of bed and pulling on a pair of ripped jeans. Who wears jeans at the beach?

“What box?”

“Don’t play innocent with me honey, the Harry box. All the stuff you have that relates to me, that you gave to Gem.” I watch him pull on a shirt, my eyes drawn to those stupid fern tattoos on his hipbones.

“I don’t like this. It draws attention away from your CJ tattoo.” I step towards him, running my fingers over the letters, tiny in comparison to the leaves that almost cover it.

“Don’t change the subject.” He smirks.

“Yeah well there’s something missing from that box.” I go back on track after trying to veer the conversation in a different direction.

“What?”

“You’ll see.” I walk away, finding my handbag and digging through for the silver key chain that I had taken out of the box at the last minute, not quite ready to part with it just yet. But it’s not in here. “Fuck.” I mutter, tipping my bag upside down and letting everything fall out on to the bed. “It’s not here!” I exclaim, worry filling my tone as I sort through the mess of lipsticks, mini perfumes, random post-its of notes to myself, and sunglasses.

“What’’s not?”

“My key necklace, which we have the same of.” I pout. I can’t believe it’s not here. This is definitely where I left it.

“Oh. It’ll turn up, don’t stress.”  He reaches his hands out, pulling me up from the bed.

“Let’s go.”

After meeting Harry’s bodyguard, who I hadn’t realised was even here, he gave us two old-style bikes, mine pink and Harry’s blue and we went out onto the pathway that runs along the road by the beach.

“Where to, miss?” Harry grins, speeding off ahead of me immediately.

“Far away from you!” I say, pedalling as fast as I can to overtake him and put some distance between us, but as typical Harry, he is more athletic than me and soon I have to forfeit my place in the lead, making him agree to keep a steady pace so I can look at the beach. 

“You know, I was sceptical but this is actually really nice.” He looks back at me.

“I told you it would be.” I call out to him, the wind is blowing in my hair, the sun shining brightly down on me and the view of the beach is like something out of a travel magazine. Everything about this place is perfect, I love how carefree I feel here.  

“Yeah yeah you’re always right.” He jokes, his voice barely audible against the wind. We’ve covered quite some distance, and there is fewer people around now. In fact, there’s no one swimming in the water near here. 

“Lets head back, I want to go in that spa,” He smirks, referring to the private spa on the extravagant balcony, which is coincidentally part of the roof, of the penthouse room he booked for us. So unnecessary, but once again, I’m not complaining.