Chapter 70

After getting lost in the CBD of Sydney on my casual afternoon Harry-kicked-me-out-so-now-I-have-to-kill-time stroll, I found myself on the steps of the Sydney Opera House, but I didn’t have anyone with me to take a picture. Being a tourist is just not fun on your own when your boyfriend is too famous to explore.

Despite being alone, it was the most perfect time of the day to be wandering a foreign city. The sun was setting, the lights starting to turn on in the sky rise buildings surrounding me, spreading a feeling of contentment with a mix of nostalgia through me. I miss London. I’ve only been gone…a week? And I’m already missing it, and after Australia, in fact, really soon, I’m not even going back. I’m going to New York. The thought sends a shudder down my back, the nerves creep in along with the stress of it all, Harry and I haven’t even discussed the fact that I’m not going to be living in London when he’s not on tour, so we will never see each other. I push the thoughts to the back of my mind, vowing not to think about it until I have to, and turning my attention back to the beautiful city night emerging before my eyes.  

I made my way back to the hotel, using Google maps on my phone to avoid getting lost, after Harry texted me, every so politely, telling me I was allowed to come back, now that it was dark.

I avoided any run-ins with Louis this time, thankfully.

I foraged through my bag to find the room key Harry had given me, and let myself into the room.
I’m immediately overwhelmed by a delicious aroma wafting through the hotel room, the lights are dimmed and there’s two long candles placed in the center of the round table, a chair on either side. Rose petals are scattered around the room and the soft sound of Asleep by The Smiths is playing. My excitement is spiked as I look around the beautifully decorated room, so romantic, I don’t think anyone has ever done anything like this for me before, and I suddenly feel very underdressed in my jeans and shirt.

Harry finally comes into sight, carrying two bowls in his hands, steam floating from the top of both. I would recognize that smell anywhere. A grin spreads across my face as I realize he’s made Macaroni and Cheese.

“Ten points for presentation.” I grin, my eyes gazing around the room and finally settling on him, in blue denim jeans for a change and a black t-shirt, his long hair tangled in a khaki bandana around his head.

“I’m glad your impressed.” He sets the bowls down, before gesturing for me to sit down, he pulls my chair out for me and I laugh at the formality as he pushes it back in once I sit.

“Thank you.” I say politely, the atmosphere is so genuine and I am lost in his green orbs as he sits down across from me.

“You made me Mac’n’Cheese.” I grin, picking up my fork.

“I did, I also made dessert.” He smiles proudly.

“Can’t wait.” I say with a mouth full of food, a pleasured moan slipping from my throat.

“I normally like a girl to make those sounds in bed but we can just consider this foreplay.”
“Oh baby, this is practically orgasmic. You have no idea how much I missed your food.” I wink, filling my mouth with more. He doesn’t have a lot of talents…oh wait, yes he does, he has too many, but cooking this has definitely got to be right up there at the top with singing and sex.

I entwine my feet with his under the table and he smiles at me, the sight sends the butterflies in my stomach into a fullblown frenzy of fluttering.

“What are you smiling about?” He chuckles, putting his hand on the table and I rest my free hand on top of his.
“You. Us. How right this feels.” I say, sincerely and his grin widens.