Chapter 60

A single tear treacles slowly down my cheek as I stand out on the freezing cold terrace of my apartment, over looking the dark city that surrounds me, that I will be soon leaving. It’s 3am, the sky is pitch black and it’s unrealistic for me to be awake at this time, but my flight leaves at 7am, and I needed to get to the Airport by at least 5. I would’ve woken up at 4, thrown an outfit on and caught a cab to the airport, but I couldn’t sleep. There’s too much in mind to focus on just one reason why I was unable to lull myself into a sleep, and as a result I feel even more on edge about all this. “Well…this is it it…bye bye London. I’m gonna miss you.” I mutter to myself, turning away from the view.

 I close the door as I walk back inside, a heavy sigh leaving my lips. My eyes glance around my apartment that has lost all feeling of homeliness now that it is just furniture. I look in the mirror in the bathroom, wishing I hadn’t already applied make up so I can splash my face with water again in the hope of waking me out of this coma-like state, but I have a feeling it’s not just the lack of sleep making me feel this…this…empty. I feel comfortable in my khaki jeans, a long white singlet and a black mesh sweater over the top, my hair tied up in an effortless bun, the perfect flying outfit. I wish Marius was coming with me, but I know he would be having a much better time with Anne.

I hear the beeping of the cab downstairs, so I take one last look around my apartment that will soon be inhabited by someone new. I couldn’t bare the thought of selling it, I hadn’t lived here long but it was just so me, and Harry found it for me, knowing I would love it. There’s too much here just to sell it and never come back. It’s bad enough someone else will be living here, I hate the thought of someone else owning it.

With my handbag over my shoulder, my carry-on bag over my other shoulder, and my hand dragging my suitcase behind me, I walk into the lift, taking one last look before the lift doors close. This is it. I’m really leaving.

My forehead rests intently against the glass of the car window as the cab drives through London to Heathrow, my eyes taking pictures and storing them deep with in my memory. I can’t imagine London not being home, the second I moved here I loved it and it just felt right to be here…I never thought I’d be leaving so soon. I’m young, this is the right thing to do, I can’t just stay in the same place for the rest of my life.

I thank the driver for helping me take my luggage out of the cab when we pull up at Heathrow. I take another deep breath, reminding myself that change is good, I need this.

I check-in the second I get there, happy to say goodbye to my heavy suitcase. Great…two hours till boarding. I stroll through the newsagency near the boarding gates, a scolding hot coffee now in my cold hands. I have the intention of buying a magazine to flick through while I wait, but that idea goes straight out the window when I see numerous gossip mags with one direction on the cover. There really is no escaping. I walk over to the lounge, sitting down right near the gate I will be boarding from.

I fiddle around in my handbag for what feels like forever till I finally find my phone. I take a rather shameless selfie as I wait, posting it to twitter.

@CharJones: Bye bye London. Exciting times ahead!

I keep scrolling through my feed, regretfully seeing a number of one direction related posts…but one catches my attention in particular, one of Niall, standing on the edge of the stage and reaching out to thousands of fans in the audience, he looks adorable in his jeans and white converse. I screenshot it and post it again.
@CharJones: @NiallOfficial, you’re smashing it boy! Miss ya x pic.twitter.com/fjkldsjf

I sigh, locking my phone and putting it back in my bag, but after a few boredom filled minutes I fish it out again. Scrolling through once again. I wonder what time it is in New York and if  he’ll my tweet. I’m immediately answered by the sound of a notification.