Chapter 72

A/N: Please listen to the song I put to the side, my loves! It's my inspiration for this chapter so yah it's kind of fitting with Char's emotions xx 

My chest is tightening as I try to regain my breath from practically sprinting out of the building. I am lucky enough to hail a cab right outside the arena and am back at the hotel before I know it.

My foot taps the ground impatiently as I wait for the lift, everything feels like its moving in slow motion whilst I am trying to go as fast as possible., racing against it. I don’t have a lot of time, I just know Harry, if not both of them, is going to come after me and I need to get as far away as possible before that happens.

I let myself into the hotel room, slamming the door shut behind me as I race through the room, grabbing my bags and walking around the room, shoving everything into them, stray bras and underwear that have been strewn across the room are now packed away.

I run into the bathroom, checking my make up and making sure this outfit will do for a plane ride, a black crop and orange flare pants, yeah it’ll do. I don’t even care anymore.

With my bags over my shoulder and my phone in my hand, I walk through the bedroom towards the door, thinking I’ve made a clean escape, but just at the same time that it opens, I don’t even have to look up to know it’s Harry, his signature smell that wafts through the room.

“Please don’t go.” He says calmly, closing the door behind him and leaning against it as I reach for the handle, ignoring him.

“Charlotte. Come on. Don’t’ do this.” He pleads, his voice sounds exhausted.

“Don’t you have somewhere to be?” I grumble, trying to pull the door open despite him standing in the way.

“Just talk to me. Please.” His eyes meet mine and I look away immediately, that’s where the troubles lie, I’ve gotten lost in those eyes too many times before.

“What do you want to talk about Harry? The fact that all you seem to do is lie to me? The fact that we can never just make this work?” My voice is full of frustration and by the cracking sound in my throat, it’s evident I’m on the verge of tears. Stop it Charlotte, I’m sick of crying over him, my subconscious groans, throwing her arms up in the air in desperation.

“I didn’t lie to you Lola. I know you don’t want to accept this, but Louis and Eleanor belong together, you were a rebound, and I guarantee you that they’re still in love, they just don’t know it yet. So yeah maybe it was a dick move bringing her out here, I knew it would leave you heartbroken but part of me was hoping that maybe your feelings for him weren’t that strong after all and you would bounce back. And even if he didn’t sleep with her then, there’s no saying that in a couple of months down the track he wouldn’t done the exact same thing, but you would’ve been more emotionally invested and you would’ve been hurt even more. I had your best interests at heart Char, you have to know that.” He pleads, his voice deep and desperate, the sound humming through my ears and leaving a trail of pain in its wake as it sinks down into me.

“Excuses. You did this for your own benefit, you knew I would come running to you! I am utterly pathetic when it comes to you, I hate who I am when you’re involved, honestly look at me. I’m in FUCKING AUSTRALIA Harry, I should be in New York, but I just dropped everything for you! What the hell is wrong with me?! Do you know how messed up that is? I can’t be with someone who makes me hate myself. I have changed so much because of this ridiculous THING between us, it’s torturous and twisted and it’s honestly not worth the trouble any more!” I shout, my hands shaking as they flail about in the air, desperate to get my ill-worded point across.