Chapter 39

Lola's POV

I return to my office after my meeting with the partners Tuesday morning, my notepad now full of things that I need to do before I head to New York to start preparations on the new office in a couple of weeks. Number one is finish up any files that are almost settled, to pass on any others and I have to do is study for the bar exam on top of everything else. 

I've always been a bit of a secret nerd when it comes to studying for things, so I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a bit excited to start studying for the bar. But for the next week I have more important priorities...Louis William Tomlinson being number one. 

As soon as he leaves, it's going to be study study study and packing to move. Although the idea of leaving England is still terrifying, and I have to get my Visa sorted...oh God there's so much to do. First things first, I need to tell Ally I'm leaving. I call her desk phone, despite the fact she's less than 5 metres away from me and ask her to come in to my office. 

"Yes?" She asks with a smile as she stands in the doorway. 

"Cute outfit." I tell her, admiring her bright pink dress and black blazer. 

"Thanks." 

"Take a seat." I tell her and she does. 

"Am I in trouble?" She laughs. 

"No not at all. How do you feel about moving to New York?" I ask her and she laughs. 

"What?" She scoffs, looking at me like I'm crazy. 

"I'm moving over there to open the New York office. The partners said you can come with me if you like, but it's completely up to you. You can stay here and you'll be my replacement's secretary." I tell her, spinning around in my chair to look out the window. 

"You're moving to New York?" She asks, her voice riddled with doubt. 

"I am." I nod, releasing a nervous breath. It's starting to feel more and more real. 

"That's insane! Wow. I'm so happy for you, but I think I have to stay here. My whole life's here...my family, my boyfriend, my friends." She says, convincing me why she has to stay, but all she's really doing is convincing me why should stay. 

"Fair enough. Just letting you know." I smile. "Actually, do you mind looking into the American work visa process for me? I need to apply. And also, I need to register or something for the bar exam and get study materials so if you could look into that as well please." I tell her as she leaves my office. 

I grab my phone and text Louis, I have been dying from not speaking to him in a few hours after spending the past 48 hours constantly in his company. 

Me: How's rehearsals going? x

He texts back straight away and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. 

Louis: goood. Had a bit of a run in with H before, but I think it's fine now...how's work?

Oh god, run in with Harry...that can't be good. 

Me: Oh no! You'll have to tell me about it tonight :) work is good...so much to do, i'm going to be exhausted tonight!

Louis: You're still coming over tonight right? I will be sooo tired too after today, full dress rehearsal run through :( 

Me: Of course. We can be tired together xx

Louis: Good!!

Me: I have this weird feeling...

Louis: What feeling? :(