Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Phew, it takes so much longer to write these chapters (Brushes off imaginary sweat on my forehead), but it's certainly worth it.

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made. Read & Review!

Disclaimer: Don't own Fairy Tail or anything in it.

At the Fairy Tail guild, in Master Makarov's office

Master Makarov's P.O.V

I watched silently as my children grieved at the loss of their precious friend and family. I myself had no more tears to cry, I'd taken care of that earlier. I looked out of the window and at the falling rain, wondering where the blonde could be now. After a while of sobbing, the crying died down a little.

"She came into my office early this morning and got her insignia removed." I said with a hoarse voice. Even though I couldn't cry, my voice acted as if I had. "It pains me to say that she's probably better off not being in the guild for some time.." I trailed off. A crash was heard, and Gajeel stood up with Pantherlily on his head, trying to keep his balance. His chair lay on the floor, and he wore a pissed expression.

"She can't just tell me that and then up and leave! I'm going after her!" Gajeel said and turned around to walk out of the door, but was stopped by a red blade. Pantherlily was in his Battle form and blocked the entrance with his sword. He shook his head.

"Gajeel, she said to not go looking for her, the least you can do is to accept her word and respect them." Pantherlily said. Gajeel glared at him, but then gave in huffing in annoyance, picked up his chair and sat down again. Pantherlily went into his Chibi form and stood on Gajeel's head with crossed paws and a scowl.

I smiled at the sight. I wondered what it was that Lucy told Gajeel, that could gain that reaction from him, but I said nothing. Wendy did however.

"What did Lucy-san tell you, that is so important?" She asked, looking at Gajeel with red, puffy eyes.

Gajeel looked at her and grinned. "Gihi. She told me that I had taken Flame-Brains place." He ruffled the little bluenettes hair. "And Lily is now the new Happy!" He added, grinning wider. Pantherlily nodded and smiled a satisfied smile as well, still with crossed paws. Everyone dropped their jaws, with the exception of Carla, who was still frozen on the spot.

"Y-yo-you- WHAT?! You replaced Natsu?!" I yelled in utter and complete shock. Since when did Gajeel take Natsu's place in the young blonde's heart? I looked at Pantherlily. "And you took Happy's?! WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!" I continued in frustration. Well, isn't this ironic? If Gajeel and Pantherlily had taken Natsu and Happy's place then...

"I guess that is to be expected," the black Neko said on Gajeel's head. We all turned our attention to him, Juvia and Wendy wide eyed. How could the little guy expect something like this? "Since Natsu kicked her off the team like he did, and Gajeel and I have been there for her instead of Natsu and Happy. It's only natural I'd say." He ended with a nod.

I considered the black Neko's words, and then nodded in agreement; there were some truth behind his words. "You have a point there Pantherlily. But it is Natsu and Happy we're talking about, it is quite a feat you two have made." I then smiled my signature nice-old-man-smile. Gajeel grinned at me. A silence fell over our little group.

"Oh yeah, there's the S-Class exams soon, so you should begin to get ready." I told them, breaking the silence. Gajeel's face lit up. Carla seemingly got out of her frozen state, and looked around confused.