Chapter 64

Chapter 64

I can't believe there's just one more chapter left before this story is done. I'll feel all empty and restless without it XD

Thank you DesolationDeath for helping me out with the story!

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read & Review!

Disclaimer: Slowpoke has not yet obliged to share his marvelous story with anyone but his pen. This is a true shame.

In the cave~

Lucy's P.O.V

I felt my whole body freeze over in fear. No, no, no, no..! This couldn't be right! A-Alodiculis, h-he couldn't...!

I began trembling when I saw that his chest, where his lungs sat, didn't move an inch. It didn't... It didn't move at all. H-he wasn't breathing.

With shaky Dragon legs, I slowly and unsteadily made my way towards my fallen non-biological dad. He couldn't be dead. Not my dad, not when I finally had found my family.

As I made my way towards him, everything around me disappeared, I completely forgot I was with the enemy, that was my grandfather, and my mate, my friends, everyone seemed so, so far away. The last thing I could hear was the sound of me squashing a bug or something under my foot. All I could focus on was the fact that one of the Dragons most precious to me was no longer breathing.

When I reached him, I looked down at his still head from above. Contrary to what one might think, there was hardly even a wound where the magic had hit him. The laser hadn't been strong and it had been Peace magic, the element Alodiculis owned, but there was only just enough for it to hit that vital spot and do whatever it did to kill him.

I slowly put my head down to his and nudged him. There was no response. Of course there wasn't. I felt a tear slip from my eye and shut them tightly in an attempt at holding the stream I felt raging behind my eyes back there.

Why did I have to lose him? Why the one I considered my dad? Just when I thought everything was going well, that I could somehow balance both my Fairy Tail family and my Dragon family, I'd have to lose one of the strongest threads holding it all together.

I was supposed to be the one, who had been lying there. That laser was meant for me, not for Alodiculis. Why couldn't he have let me take it? Why did he jump in for me? This was too much for me to handle. The grief was too heavy.

I slowly realized I would never see his warm, amber eyes. His fatherly and kind smile when I told him about what I had been doing and what I had experienced. There would be no more sparring Peace magic with him, as we had done now and then after I moved to Earthland. I could never take a calm flight with him, just talking about nonsensical topics. The list was long. But there was one which topped the list, far above all of them.

I would never see my dad again.

That was the one, which hurt the most. The one it felt like I would never completely heal from. The one I would carry around with me everywhere I went and the one I would cry over every time I remembered him.

And I didn't even get to say goodbye to him either. It all happened too fast. I didn't get to say I love him, didn't tell him how much his presence actually meant to me. I didn't get to tell him how much I appreciated him stepping in as my dad, since my biological one wasn't anything to be proud over.

And how I would miss him...

I felt my legs buckle under me, as I felt the gravity of my sorrow hit me like a rock slide. I would miss this Dragon more than I had ever missed anything before. Over these fourteen years - as it had been for me - he had become as important a person to me as Mama had been.