Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Yes, yes I know I was an asshole, but here it is, the battle between Jura and Acnologia~ I've decided to put the chapter up in a different way, please tell me how you like it ^_^

And... THE 900TH REVIEW!!! Thank you and congratulations Konan15 for reviewing as the 900th!

Thank you DesolationDeath for helping me out with the story!

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! R&R!

Disclaimer: Nope. You guessed it, I still don't own Fairy Tail. For now, Slowpoke owns Fairy Tail.

Acnologia's P.O.V

So I was to fight that old man, was I? He was strong, according to Lucy's stories. And one of the Ten Wizard Saints. I would have to watch myself in this battle, it was going to be difficult.

Of course, the crowd also roared in appreciation. "There he is! It's Jura!" Someone yelled. "I wanted to see Jura, who would've thought he'd come out on the first day, huh?" Someone else said, much calmer.

Chapati commentated, as he was supposed to. "Who is this 'Acnologia' from Fairy Tail? A new recruit?" He asked rhetorically. "And why is his name the same as the Dragon who attacked them 7 years ago?" He asked the crowd. "What do you think, Yajima-san?" He asked the elder man.

"Hmm..." Yajima muttered. "I have never heard nor seen of this mage before in my life..." He said. Well, naturally, 'cause I wasn't even a mage.

Chapati sweat dropped. "That wasn't exactly the question..." He trailed off. "Could it be? Is he so strong they named him after the Dragon?" He asked. That would actually have been pretty cool, if that had been the case...

The crowd laughed here and there, pissing me lightly off. "What the heck is that?" Someone asked. "He's going to get it!" They added. Ooh, they were going to see just how strong I was. Then they wouldn't laugh anymore.

Chapati continued his speech. "His opponent is the strongest ace member in this competition, he who holds the title of one of the Ten Wizard Saints, Jura Neekis!" He explained. Yes, number Ten, the 'weakest' of them. Surely a Dragon, such as myself, would be able to beat him.

Gajeel grunted. "Well, you're unlucky Acnologia." He told me. I looked at him with a raised brow. "That guy's bulky as hell, he won't go down just like that." He told me with crossed arms.

I smirked at him. "That might be, but he isn't facing just any opponent, now is he?" I asked. "I'm sure even a Wizard Saint will crumble under the pressure of a Dragon." I said confidently. Actually, I was really excited with this battle, apart from the Dragons, it had been too long since I had had a nice challenge. That was something I knew this guy could provide.

Lucy sighed. "I know what you're thinking Acnologia, but..." She looked at Jura. "That guy is really strong, I'm not sure even you can beat him." She told me, then smirked. "The way you are now anyway." She told me.

I grinned and kissed her forehead. "Don't worry about it, I'll win us some points." I told her. I pulled off my jacket and handed it to Lucy. "Would you put this in our room? I don't want it to be destroyed during the battle." I told her.

She looked confused at me, but took the jacket anyway, then she seemed to get what I meant. I was basically giving her a reason to get away from this balcony without it being too suspicious. She nodded and smiled at me. "Alright! Make sure you win!" She told me.

I nodded, then turned out, dropping the smile in an instant. I jumped down on the battlefield, readying myself to battle a formidable enemy.

Jura already stood down on the field, ready to meet me in battle. "On a personal level, I'd like Fairy Tail to do its best, but our master's been nagging quite a bit you see. I'm sorry, but I won't go easy on you." He told me.