Chapter 21

Chapter 21

200 reviews! You guys are AMAZING! I can't thank you enough. As a 'thank you', here is another chapter! I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! R&R!

Disclaimer: No need to ask, I still do not own Fairy Tail or anything about it.

At the guild Fairy Tail, Earthland - The next day~

Gajeel's P.O.V

Makarov stood on the railing and looked down at the S-Class candidates and their partners with the remaining three S-Class mages by his side. Gildarts had even shown up for the occasion. I had picked Levy again, of course. It was easier that way and I would probably get to fight more, since she was not the biggest fighter around. Wendy had chosen Mest again. Lily had asked Gray, who had asked the cat if he was serious, if he still wanted to be teamed up with him. Lily had answered that now they had trained together for a month, and it was too much of a hassle to figure out to work with another guy, so he had simply asked the guy he had trained with. In the end, Gray would accompany Lily for the S-Class exam. Carla had asked Freed, who had accepted the request. Apparently he was down because now he would not be able to take Laxus' place as an S-Class mage. Fanboy. Juvia had asked Bixlow who had also accepted and was now standing next to her doing weird twirls with his abnormally long tongue. Cana had surprisingly picked Lisanna, much to everyone's surprise.

The old man cleared his throat. "Brats! We're going to Tenrou Island now and will start the S-Class exam as soon as we get there." Gramps explained with a wide smile. A genuine one at that. "There'll be some obstacles you'll have to overcome there. Those mainly being the three S-Class mages you see here." He said and gestured to Mira, Erza and Gildarts.

A smirk found its way to my face. This would be fun. Hopefully I would be pitted against Gildarts, he would be sure to give one heck of a challenge. He was the ace of Fairy Tail after all and was said to be a monster, destroying things when he wasn't paying attention.

"Now let's go to the boat and go there!" He yelled to us with a raised arm.

"YOSH!" We all yelled, raising a hand similarly to Gramps. We all went in one big group out of the guild and towards the train station to go towards Hargeon port, where our boat was waiting.

I smirked as I went with the others. I hoped I would get to beat up some people. I looked at Lily's partner. Especially that one. "Gihi." I laughed by myself.

The Shrimp looked up at me with her innocent expression. "What are you laughing at, Gajeel?" She asked nervously. I looked down at her. She had been so surprised when I had asked her to be my partner in the S-Class exam, she didn't understand why I would want to team up with her, when she had been so mean to Bunny-Girl. I told her the truth; that it was because I wanted to fight and that made her sweat drop. But she'd been a little careful with what she said and what she did around me, as if she was scared I would get angry and go on a rampage if she said something wrong.

I smirked at her. "I'm looking forward to all the battles I'll fight!" I told her. She sweat dropped and muttered an 'of course' under her breath and shook her head with a little smile.

Out of nowhere, Evergreen and Elfman joined the party, near Gramps. Why did they show up? They weren't part of the exam any longer.

I wasn't the one to voice the thoughts though, it was Gray. "Oi, Gramps! Why are those two here?" He asked dumbly. And that was exactly why I hadn't asked, I didn't want to seem as clueless as Gray did right at the moment.

Master looked back at Gray with a small smile. "We need someone to heal you if you get injured, Gray. Elfman and Evergreen will take care of that." He explained.