Chapter 14

Lizzy

"I'm gonna take a shower, I'll be out in a few minutes." I tell Dean as I get out of my chair. Sam is in the shooting range. Dean says that he must be desperate to get away from the two of us, because he never goes down into the range. I've asked about going down there myself, but Dean doesn't want me to. It's been two days since I left the bunker, even though it was just for that little sliver of time I was out. 

"You want me to join you?" Dean raises his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Maybe next time, hotshot." I laugh, "But my brain is fried, and if I don't take a break, it's not gonna work for a while." I turn to go to my room, but Dean gently take my wrist before I'm too far away. "What?"

"Lemme know if you change your mind." He grins.

"You're an idiot. A sweet idiot, but an idiot." I shake my head while I walk away.

"But a sweet one!" He calls after me. I giggle on my walk to my room. Taking my hearing aids out and putting them in their box, I strip down and walk into the bathroom attached to my room. I turn on the water and feel the steam take over the small space after I close the door behind me. I take off my necklace and set it gently on the sink in the little bowl I took from the kitchen when I first got here. 

When I get in I feel the uncomfortable sensation of my neck bare from the familiar metal. After I few minutes I feel rumbling in the walls. Something must be happening in the library. I finish  washing the conditioner out of my hair and stop the shower. I throw on a pair of sweatpants Sam bought the a few days ago when he went a supply run, and a loose t-shirt. I squeeze the water out of my hair as best I can before I run out to the library. 

"What's going on?" I run in to see Cas battered and bruised sitting on the table with blood across his face, and a large rip in his trench coat. "What fresh hell is this? What happened?"  I slowly walk up to Cas and take a closer look at his injuries. 

"I found Crowley, and it didn't end well." He explains briefly.

"Crowley?" I flinch at the name. At the same time the light bulb in the lamp next to me bursts. Startled, I scream and jerk away from the lamp. The lamp on the other table bursts like the one before, I cringe away and tense up heavily. The overhead lights explode and the bunker alarm starts up, red lights illuminate the room. 

Dean

*Five minutes earlier*

I hear the shower running from Lizzy's room when a crash randomly occurs behind me. I shoot around and see Cas bloody and beaten, holding onto the bookshelf next to him, but the books where his hand is have fallen and made the crash.

"Cas, what the hell happened to you?" I glance him over before deciding if he needs the first aid kit. Does he need the first aid kit when he's running on stolen grace? Better safe than sorry.

"I found Crowley and some goons when I was looking for the reason behind the attempt at Lizzy's attack and capture."  He walks to the table and sits on the top by the books Lizzy was reading before she left.

"Well, shit. Gimme a minute I'll be back in a minute or two with the kit." I run out to the kitchen.

"That's really not necessary, you should save it for yourselves." He calls after me. I ignore him and run into the kitchen. I hear the shower shut down in Lizzy's room, she probably heard the crash or felt them thru the walls, however that works. 

"What in the world do you grab an angel that heal himself from the first aid?" I mumble. "Whiskey?" I grab the whiskey from the fridge. It never hurts to have it. I stand there for a minute trying to figure out what to grab for Cas when a hear something break in the library, followed by a shriek and another crack. "Lizzy?" I yell.  More shattering and pop and short screams follow. I run back as fast I can through all of the turns in the hall. 

I find Lizzy hiding in the corner, Cas off of the table by her telling her to calm down, and glass on the floor from the lamps on the tables. The light in here is red, and the alarm is going off. Sam runs in with a gun that I assume he was shooting with in the range. 

"Cas, what are you doing?" Sam slowly puts the gun down and walks towards Cas. I walk towards Lizzy who looks like she's on high alert, and all of the alarms are ringing in her head. 

"I'm trying to calm her down!"Cas looks annoyed at Sam despite the blood still covering his face. "She doesn't know how to control it!"

"Control what?" I demand, carefully inching closer to Lizzy's trembling frame. 

"Her powers, Dean, there was something suppressing them before, but now there's nothing there." Cas huffs at me and then looks to Lizzy again. "Lizzy, I'm sorry I said his name, I didn't know. But I need you to breathe now."

"I-I can't" She hiccups, tears stream down her face. I try to bring her in my arms and hug her tight to calm her down, but as soon as I touch her arm she scrambles away and the books across the room fly off the shelf.

"Lizzy, it's okay!" I struggle to help her relax.

"Dean, I'm sorry." Cas says.

"What?" I snap at him. What the hell is he sorry about? What the hell is he about to do?

"Lizzy, I so sorry, but I can't think of anything else to help you stop right now." Cas affirms. He reaches out two fingers and gently taps her forehead. She immediately goes slack against the wall, Cas catches her and lowers her down to lay on the floor.

"Cas what the hell did you do?" I run to Lizzy and pick her up, holding her against me tightly. I loosen my grip after a moment realizing I'd probably be hurting her if she was awake because of how tight I held her.

"I just put her to sleep, it wasn't any different from when I do it to anyone else." He defends himself.

"Cas, what just happened?" Sam charges. 

"She came in wondering what happened, and when I said that I found Crowley, she got scared of his name and started panicking. She broke a bulb without touching it and it scared her, because she was frighten, it triggered her powers which frighten her more and it started a circle that neither of us knew how to end." Cas explains with a sigh.

"So what you just knock her out?" I shout at him, while I stand up with Lizzy in my arms. I look at her closed eyes, her wet hair. She must have run out of the shower when she heard the crash. Then I notice she isn't wearing her necklace. "Cas, you said something was suppressing her powers?"

"Yes." He answers carefully.

"Follow me." The gears in my head start shifting, as I carry Lizzy to her room.