Chapter 21

Dean

Sam and I drive in silence down that last few roads after our argument ends. I don't know if I should tell Lizzy I had to live through another dream land or in this case, nightmare land because the djinn had grabbed my wrist and poisoned me. Sam thinks I should, but I don't know how she'd react when I tell her my nightmare was losing her and not being able to get her back. She means so much to me, I don't want to scare her away. I pull into the garage, all of the cars are here, so I know that she's back from the store. When she told me she was already there I had been panicking in my head for most of the drive. What if something had happened and I wasn't there?

I hear music blasting from the kitchen and follow it, expect to find Lizzy cleaning up or making dinner for Sam and I after our hunt. She always refuses to let us eat something like a pizza when we get back.

"You deserve something homemade whenever you get back, and I'm making it every time, so there." She told me over the phone the first time Sam and I were driving home. God, I'm lucky to have her. I sigh to myself. 

I walk to the kitchen to find Lizzy in her comfy sweater dancing, singing and signing the lyrics to the song playing on the radio. Barry Manilow, Can't Smile Without You.

"You came along just like a song and brighten my day, Who would have believed that you were part of a dream? Now it all seems light years away, and now you know I can't smile without you.  I can't smile without you, I can't laugh and I can't sing, I'm finding it hard to do anything. You see I feel sad when your sad, I feel glad when you're glad. If you only knew, what I'm going through,I just can't smile"

"Now some people say happiness takes, so very long to find. Well I'm finding it hard leaving your love behind me." I sing along. Lizzy stops everything and turns around fast a bullet. Before I know it, she's charging at me, arms open and throws herself into my chest, squeezing me in a tight hug.

"Dean!" She smiles.

"God I missed you, baby girl." I grin into her hair. I put my hands on her hips and lift her up, her legs wrap around me while her arms swing around my neck. She leans forward and buries her face into my neck, kissing where my neck meets my shoulder. I close my eyes and savor my arms enfolded around her waist.

"Do you need to lay down or something?" She picks her head up. "I know you had a decent drive." I look into her pearly grey eyes and let a long breath out. 

"I want help you with whatever you're doing, sweetheart." I answer. She tilts her head and huffs, unwrapping her legs from my torso.

"I'm making pie, and when that's in the oven, I'm putting together the grilled cheese sandwiches my mom made me when I got stressed. I figured I hadn't made any yet and everyone deserves a fancy grilled cheese once in a while." She shakes her head. "So if you really want to help, you're gonna mostly watch." 

"That's works for me." I shrug happily. I just want to be near her for a little while, once I start feeling like she's safe again, then I'll go and sleep. She stands on her tip-toes and pecks me on the cheek before turning around to continue working on the pie. Best. Girlfriend. Ever.

Lizzy

Dean sits at the table an watches me finish the pie, he stays quiet the whole time with the look of deep though on his face. I laugh to myself as the music keeps playing, I turned it down a little so he doesn't feel like his ears are bursting, I only hum along now.

"So when were you gonna tell Sammy and I that you sang?" Dean breaks the music-aided silence.

"What'd you mean?" I ask without looking away from the pie as I put it in the oven.

"I walk in after three months to find you singing your heart out to the radio," I explain. "You never do that."

"That song was in the second Hellboy movie. Hellboy's the first PG-13 movie my parents let me watch, and when the drunken singing started, it became one of my favorite songs. I remember signing along using the subtitles as my lyrics guide with Dad."

"Then maybe we should take you out to one of the bars and get you singing karaoke." Dean grins at the idea.

"I can't tell if you're joking or not." I turn around with my hands on my hips, and my weight shifted on my right leg. Dean gets up and covers my hands with his own calloused ones.

"Nope, I wanted to go out sometime later on, will you be my date?" He smiles wickedly.

"What's in it for me?" I ask with as much innocence I can muster. 

"All drinks on me."

"Deal." I tilt my head away as I look into his emerald eyes.

"Seal it?" He suggests.

"Obviously, where have you been when we make deals?" I joke as I lean in and kiss him firmly. My hand sneaks behind his neck and pulls him closer as his digits curl into my hair. We don't see Sam walk into the kitchen and pause in the doorway.

"Well, five days must be a long time to be apart for you two." He shakes his head as he walks to the fridge. I pull back from Dean and give Sam an evil eye.

"Maybe you'd feel better if someone tangled their fingers in your hair when you kissed them." I tease. Dean cracks up and laughs as he looks to Sam. "When are gonna let me cut it, Sammy?" I taunt.

"Never." He points his finger at me sternly, which only make me laugh more. 

"One second." I whisper to Dean. He lets me go and watches me try to creep after Sam. I open the drawer with the notepads and pens and scissors and pull out the silver blades. Walking closer to Sam, I open and close the scissors playfully. Sam's eyes go wide.

"Don't you dare." His voice starts to crack. I only get closer. I reach up and out towards his brown locks. I don't intend to really cut his hair, just tease him, but he doesn't know that. When my hand is inches away from the ends of his hair, he grabs my wrist and twists me around. My back falls tight into his chest like when Dean first taught me some hand to hand. I drop the scissors so no one gets cut, and step on his foot, elbow his gut and swing forward out of his grasp.

"Damn, Sammy! Maybe she needs to start teaching you some moves." Dean raises his eyebrows with happy surprise. 

"I wasn't gonna do anything." I ridicule Sam just a little more.

"Sure you weren't." He rubs where my elbow jabbed him. "Not a bad fight though." He picks up the scissors from the floor.

"Not bad yourself." I say as he closes the drawer after putting the scissors in their rightful place.

"Well I've been doing it a whole lot longer." He walks up and gives me a hug.

"Alright, hands off. She's my girl." Dean breaks up the small hug. I giggle from the annoyance in his voice. Sam leaves after getting a beer from the fridge. "What? You are." Dean laughs and kisses my head.