Chapter 27

So sorry about the slow updates, but the month of July is finally over!!!!! So now I can start updating like I was when I started. As always comments are appreciated, I love to hear how I'm doing and I love to hear what you think about other parts of the story! Thx :)

Lizzy

The report said the man who choked on his blood was named Robert McMurtry. He left behind his wife Carrie and their only son Mason. I review in my head what I read as the impala stops in front of a grey craftsman-style house with white trim and a decent size porch that's a few feet wide at all points. A porch swing sits between two flower pots, a wind chime with different colored painted metal spoons hang off of a can top that's starting to rust from being out in the elements for too long. The three of us step up to the door, Sam knocks a short rhythm and stands back.

"Just watch for now, okay?" Dean leans over and says quietly in my good ear. I smile and nod, happy with the fact that he remembered I can't hear whispers. The wooden door swings open revealing a women with a toddler on her hip. Her dark brown hair is in a loose and messy bun with a scrunchy, her hot pink shirt has what looks like paint stains of various colors and her jeans are too long for her legs. Her light skin also shares some paint splatters. She smiles with exhausted eyes and a heavy sigh.

"Can I help you?" She asks. Her little boy, Mason I assume, on her hip looks behind Sam and Dean to me. He cocks in head with curiosity making the freckles on his cheeks pop, his left hand is covered in green paint that matches one of the stains on the woman's shirt, there's also yellow and red stains on his own shirt. The brothers pull out their badges, I follow their lead.

"Mrs. McMurtry? I'm Agent Walsh and this is my partner Agent Manion and one of our agents in training Agent Page. We're here to ask you a few questions about you husband." Sam points to us as he starts to put away his badge. "Do you have a few minutes?"

"Um," The she hesitates for a moment. "Yeah, just, come on in, lemme clean up the table." She steps back so that the three of us can enter the house. The are pictures with the family of three on the tan walls as we walk into the living room. "Just have a seat, I'll be back in a minute or two." She nods and practically runs to the other room. I can hear her giving Mason a condescending tone to wash his hands while some clanking comes from what might be jars. My guess is that the jars have paint that was the origin of the stains on her and Mason's clothes.

"Well, at least they were having some fun." I say aloud, mostly to myself. Dean lifts the rug under the light blue coffee table and looks under it. "What are you doing?" I whisper at him.

"Covered up the blood. Must not've been able to get it out." He sits back down on the couch. "Where do you think a good place to hide a hex bag in here would be?" He leans forward and rest his elbows on his knees. Sam and I look around with getting up.

"How big are most hex bags?" I look to Sam.

"It's literally a little pouch with some bones, herbs and a belonging to the cursed. Little smaller than your fist." He answers. The three of us continue looking around until Carrie walks in a moment later.

"I'm so sorry about that, I was doing some crafts with Mason before he goes to daycare in a hour." She sits down in the green chair by the window. "I'm just a little confused though, I already spoke to the police last week when it happened."

"We got a report from the station a few days ago saying that they thought they might've missed a thing or two, so we came down to check it out." Dean says calmly.

"Oh, um, alright I guess. What can I do to help?" She rests her hands in her lap. A worry line appears on her forehead as she breathes a little heavier than the rest of us. She must be so frickin' tired and upset.