three

Lauren was taking really long to fix Dinah's car. At least, that's what they thought. All Lauren had to do was jump it off with her car and she was done. Which was what she had already done. She and Camila just had a plan.

"Where is Leigh-Anne now?" Dinah asked.

"She moved back to the U.K. a year ago," Normani said.

The Polynesian nodded and it was silent for a moment before she spoke up.

"Did you ever want children?" She asked.

Normani nodded. "Keith didn't want children, though. Not right then, at least. We were still pretty young, so we both agreed we would wait. Right now would be the time we tried to have kids."

"Oh," the blonde mumbled.

"Don't feel bad for me," the brunette shook her head, "I don't like it when people feel bad for me. Instead, let's talk a little about you. What was your last relationship like?"

"Ah, the story of Zendaya," Dinah shook her head, "it didn't end well."

"How so?" Normani asked.

"We were teenagers at a party and I caught her flirting with some girl. I wouldn't exactly call it cheating–"

"It's cheating," Normani said, "why would she do that?"

"Because she's Zendaya. The school's fuckgirl. You know the story."

"You dated the school's fuckgirl?" The younger girl lifted an eyebrow.

"Crazy, I know. She said she'd change for me, though. She obviously lied, but I'm over it now," the Tongan shrugged.

"How are you taking what happened to you so well?" Normani shook her head.

"It was years ago. I barely even think about it now." Dinah said.

"What's Zendaya doing now?" the brunette asked.

"I have no clue," the older girl said, "and I don't really care."

"That's fair."

"Before you got together with Keith, what was your relationship like?" Dinah asked.

"I didn't have one," Normani said, "Keith and I knew each other our whole lives. Our moms were friends, and when I actually allowed myself to 'date', seventh grade summer, Keith was the first person to ask me."

The blonde smiled softly.

"We had our ups and downs, but we never broke up."

"You found your perfect person, only for him to be taken away from you," Dinah shook her head.

"Yeah," the younger girl sighed, "but hopefully, when I'm ready, I'll meet someone else."

Normani began playing with her rings.

"Yeah," the Polynesian nodded, "hopefully."

The front door opened. "You're good to go." Lauren and Camila walked in.

"What took so long?" Dinah asked.

"Yeah," Normani said, "you've been out there working on it for the past thirty minutes."

"Well, we got it done in one minute," Camila said. "However, it looks like you two have been here talking for the past thirty minutes."

Dinah rolled her eyes and stood. "Goodbye, Normani. Thanks for letting me watch your pup. Bye, others. I hate you both."

The two Latinas blew her kisses.

"Bye, Dinah Jane," Normani smiled and waved.

The Polynesian waved and left. Lauren and Camila turned to their friend.

"She's a sweet girl, Mani. Why won't you give her a chance?" Lauren asked.

"I'm not ready," Normani said, "stop pressuring me."

Camila sighed. "Mani, we just want you to love again–"

"What if I don't want to love again? Idon't want to get attached and then have something horrible happen to her because of me," the brunette said.

"What happened to Keith is not your fault, Normani," the Cuban-Mexican said.

"I could've stopped him–"

"You could've," Lauren said, "but he wouldn't have wanted you to."

"If you would have tried to stop him," Camila said, "he would be in the same place you are."

" I could've said no to him having friends over," Normani shook her head, "he'd still be here if I would have."

"Normani," the raven-haired girl said, "stop blaming yourself."

"I can't–"

"Stop it," Camila said. "You couldn't have done anything. It isn't your fault. It's Arin's fault."

"But–"

"No," Lauren said, "I'm ending this conversation right now."

The youngest girl sighed and looked at Rocco. "I want another dog," she mumbled.

"Then, let's get you one," Camila said.

Normani looked at her. "What?"

"Will a dog make you feel better?" the Cuban-Mexican asked.

"Dogs always make me feel better," the taller girl said.

"Then, we're gonna get you another one," Lauren said, "we're gonna get you a bitch."

"Yes!" Camila said. "Let's go get her a bitch!"

Normani let out a small chuckle.

"At least you're laughing now," the oldest girl said.

The brunette smiled and pulled her friend's into a hug. "I love you," she said.

The two smiled. "We love you too, babe."

-

A/N: I'm hungry.