thirty six

~two days later~

"Let's have a talk." Dinah said, sitting down.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"You killed him for Normani?" The blonde asked.

Arin didn't respond.

"Can I tell you a secret, Arin?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"No, you don't," Dinah smiled and leaned in closer. "Normani doesn't give two shits about you, Arin Ray."

The younger man sat back.

"Can I show you something?"

"No." Arin said.

"It wasn't a question. That was me telling you that I'm going to show you something, but in question form," the Polynesian held up a ring. "Do you see this ring?"

"Obviously." The shorter man said.

"What type of ring is it?"

"Who's is it?"

"Answer my question." Dinah said.

"It's a wedding ring. Answer my question." Arin demanded.

"It's Normani's."  The Tongan said.

"Why are you showing it to me?"

Dinah placed her left hand on the table. "Because it matches my ring."

Arin looked at the ring on the detective's hand, then at the ring in her hand. They did match. He looked at her with nothing but anger in his eyes.

"So, that's why you put me in jail? So you could–"

The Samoan held up her hand. "I didn't put in jail so I could 'steal' her from you–although, you never had a chance–I put you in jail for murder and physical abuse–"

"I did have a chance until you came along–"

"You didn't, but keep dream–"

"I did and you ruined it!" Arin yelled, standing up.

Dinah looked at him in amusement. "Sit down, Mr. Ray. I don't want to hurt you."

He didn't listen. Instead, he lunged forward. It happened quickly, but Dinah moved quicker. She stood and put the man into a headlock, pressing her gun to his temple.

"Shouldn't you know better than to attempt to attack an officer?" The blonde asked.

The door opened. "Sergeant. Put him down." Ashley said.

Dinah basically threw Arin onto the ground. "You finish the rest. I'm taking the rest of the day off," She put her gun back into her holster and walked out.

She looked at the other officers who had fear and shock on their faces. "Put some damn cuffs on him, will you?!" She said as she continued to walk off. "Now!"

"Where are you going?" Jade asked.

Dinah didn't respond, she just walked out of the building.

-

The blonde walked through the door, still pissed. She should've shot his ass when she had the chance. She's just too nice.

"What are you doing home so early?" Normani asked, looking at the girl.

"I nearly killed Arin." Dinah said, sitting beside the brunette.

"Huh?" Normani asked.

The older girl put her fiancée's ring back on her finger. "He tried to attack me, I put him in a headlock, then put my gun to his temple."

"Really?" Normani lifted an eyebrow.

"And you didn't pull the trigger? How dumb of you." Lauren said, walking into the living room.

"I can't kill him for no reason–"

"No, you had a reason–"

"That's not how the system works, Lo."

"Then how does it work? That man tried to assault you, Dinah Jane."

"Yes, and I threw him to the ground afterwards."

Normani looked at her. "Wait, what?"

"You're friend, Ashley, told me to put him down. So, I threw him to the ground, yelled at them to put handcuffs on him, then I left."

"You can do that?" The brunette asked.

"No, but I did. If I wouldn't have, somebody would've ended up dead, and somebody else would've been arrested for murder."

"At least you didn't let him hit you," Normani mumbled. "I truly can't relate."

Dinah wrapped an arm around the darker girl and pulled her closer. "Shh, let's not speak of him anymore," she said. "He's an irrelevant man who deserves to rot in prison."

"You wanna meet Khalid?" The shorter girl asked.

"Tomorrow," the taller girl kissed her fiancée's cheek. "I want to spend time with you today."

Normani nodded. "Okay," she said. "Get out, Lauren."

Lauren looked at her friend. "Bitch."

Normani laughed. "Go visit your girlfriend at work."

"She isn't my girlfriend!"

Dinah lifted an eyebrow at the older girl. "Yeah, and Arin's not batshit crazy."

-

A/N: this was a filler..but at the same time it wasn't.