seventeen

Right now everybody was in the living room. Normani and Dinah were sharing an orange and Camila, Lauren, Ally, and Solána were watching TV.

Normani stood and walked off.

"Where you going?" Dinah asked.

"The kitchen. Would you like to come with me, mom?" the brunette lifted an eyebrow.

"Sure," the Polynesian stood and walked over to her girlfriend.

"Give me some," Normani said, referring to the orange.

Dinah smiled and handed the younger girl an orange. Normani turned and walked into the kitchen, the blonde following after her. The shorter girl opened the fridge and got out one of Camila's juices.

"Mila, I'm taking one of these," she said.

"Okay," the older brunette said.

"Mani," Dinah said and her girlfriend looked at her. "You know that orange I just gave you?"

"Fuck you," Normani rolled her eyes.

"I put my booger on it," the Tongan laughed.

"You put it where?" the younger girl asked.

"I put my booger on it," Dinah laughed.

Normani's mouth turned into an 'o' shape as she spit out half of the orange onto the ground.

"I was kidding!" The taller girl said, looking at the orange that nearly hit her foot.

Normani spit out the other half of the orange and it would have hit Dinah's other foot if she wouldn't have moved it back.

"I was kidding, Mani! Oh my god!"

"Ew!" Normani yelled.

"I was joking!" Dinah snorted. "Pick up the oranges."

"I should beat your ass," Normani grumbled, picking the oranges up. "Nasty ass."

"Sorry," Dinah giggled, kissing the girl's forehead when she got done.

There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Normani walked to the door and opened it. She lifted an eyebrow. "Um, hi?"

"I'm here to ask you a few questions, Mrs. Powers."

The brunette held her hand up. "I was told I wouldn't be asked any questions. You know, considering I was at home all day being annoyed by my friends," she pointed to Camila, Lauren, and Ally.

The three waved.

"That's exactly the point. Did you–"

Dinah walked over to the door. "She was upstairs all day. She couldn't have seen anybody enter her cousin's house," she said.

"Dinah Jane, what are you doing here?"

"Kehlani, Camila and Ally are here. I go wherever they go," Dinah shrugged.

"She's not lying," Ally said.

"Is that all?" Normani asked.

"Yeah," the blonde behind her nodded. "That is all."

"Sorry to bother you," Kehlani said, eyeing Dinah, before walking off.

The brunette shut the door, turned to Dinah, and lifted an eyebrow. "Can you not date me or something?" she asked.

"Technically, your case still isn't solved. So, no, she isn't supposed to be," Ally said.

"I thought my case was dropped?"

"Still isn't solved."

"Let's get something straight, I can date whoever I want–"

"You just can't tell anyone. Yeah, I've got it," Normani nodded before walking upstairs and into her room.

"Ally," Dinah glared at her friend.

"My bad?" the Mexican shrugged.

The Samoan rolled her eyes and walked up the stairs. She knocked on Normani's room door.

"So, you finally decide to knock?" the brunette asked.

"Well, I didn't want you to yell at me if I did open the door without knocking," Dinah shrugged.

"Okay, try again," Normani said.

The blonde knocked again and she didn't get a response.

"I shouldn't have fell for that," the taller girl side. "Normani, if you would have let me turn Arin in this wouldn't be happening."

"Turn him in, then! I don't care anymore! You're not going to stop bothering me about until I let you, so go ahead!"

"I don't know much about periods, but you've got to be on it."

The door opened. "I'm not. I've already had it this month."

"Woohoo! I can't wait for next month."

"You're annoying," Normani rolled her eyes. "Tomorrow I need you to take me and Solána to the police department."

"Okay, why?" Dinah asked.

The younger girl sighed. "I'm turning Arin in."

The blonde lifted an eyebrow. "Really?"

Normani nodded.

Dinah began clapping and the shorter girl lifted an eyebrow.

The Polynesian smiled and shook her head. "Well, it's about damn time."

-

A/N: I'm hungry, but my mom is saving up her money for a party for her wedding, with people she probably doesn't even like instead of feeding us.