eighteen

It was the next day and Dinah was driving Solána and Normani to the police department. The two cousins were yelling lyrics to Beyoncé to annoy Dinah, and it definitely work. She was this ---> 👌🏾 close to slapping the shit out of the both of them.

The blonde turned off the radio as she pulled into a parking spot at the police department. "Oh, thank God," she sighed, placing her head on top of the steering wheel.

Normani laughed and kissed her girlfriend's temple. "Come on."

The three girls got out of the car and walked into the police department. "You two do what you need to do. I need to talk to someone."

Both girls nodded and Dinah walked off. She knocked on a door.

"Come in."

"Lieutenant–"

"Why were you with Normani Powers?" Perrie asked.

"That's what I came to talk about," the taller blonde said, shutting the door.

"I have been informed–"

"This is where I cut you off. I don't care what you've been informed. Now, let's have the conversation I want to have."

"Go ahead."

"I understand that Normani's case is not solved. However, Mrs. Powers is turning someone in–"

"Her case was dropped," the Lieutenant said.

"If your Cracker Jack looking ass don't stop cutting me off," Dinah mumbled to herself.

The Polynesian took a deep breath and looked at her boss. "It may have been dropped for you, but it was never dropped for me. That case is going to be solved–"

"Can you get to the point?" the shorter blonde asked.

"Normani Powers and I are dating," Dinah said, ignoring the fact that she cut her off.

"You told me you and Normani weren't–"

"We weren't at the time. Now, we are."

"It's been two days."

"I realize," the Tongan nodded. "Anyways, I've got to go investigate."

"You and Normani Powers aren't to release that you are dating to the public–"

"Good thing the public doesn't know who I am," Dinah smiled and walked out.

"Dinah Jane!" Perrie called for her.

The Samoan walked back into the Lieutenant's office. "Yes?"

"I need you to arrest whoever killed Keith Powers."

"I have to–"

"I'll put someone else on today."

"That's my case–"

"It won't be anymore if you don't do what I told you to do."

"Of course, Lieutenant," Dinah said before walking off.

As soon as she walked out she was met with Normani and Solána.

"Dinah Jane, lets go," Kehlani said, walking over to her partner.

"Wait, where are you going?" Normani asked.

"Is she your goddamn shadow or something?" the older brunette asked.

"Don't test me, Kehlani," the taller girl warned.

"My bad," her partner mumbled.

"I've gotta go arrest Arin Ray," Dinah said.

"And Chris Brown," Kehlani said.

"Chris Brown?" The Samoan looked at her girlfriend.

"We'll talk about it later, I promise," Normani said.

Dinah reached into her back pocket and handed the younger girl her keys. "Drive home."

Normani nodded. "Come on," she said to her cousin. The two walked out and Kehlani smiled.

"No wonder you've been so pissy," she said. "You took your girlfriend's case."

"We just started dating."

"Officially," the brunette said.

"Let's go," Dinah rolled her eyes and walked out.

Kehlani followed after her and the two went to their car. Kehlani started it and drove off to Arin's house. When they got there Dinah knocked on the door.

It opened and there was Arin.

"Who's there?!" A man yelled.

"A friend and her friend." Arin said.

A man walked up behind him.

"Great, you're both here," the blonde smiled.

"Who are they?" the man with tattoos asked.

Both girls help up their badges. "LAPD," they said.

"Oh well, what do you want with us?" Chris asked.

Dinah sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder turning him around. "Chris Brown, you are under arrest for the murder of Keith Powers. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand these rights?"

"Man, what the hell? I didn't kill anybody," Chris said.

However, Arin wasn't going through this again. He pushed passed the two and began running.

"Take him, Kehlani. I've got Arin,"  Dinah said.

The blonde ran after Arin and eventually came to a stop whenever cars started driving down the street. Dinah walked over to Arin and firmly grabbed him arm.

"It's best if you don't struggle, Mr. Ray," she said as she lead him back to his house.

"I thought we were friends, Dinah Jane," Arin said.

"I can't be friends with a murderer," the Tongan said as she stepped aside while Kehlani put the handcuffs on him.

The brunette pushed him into their car and shut the door. She looked at Dinah and sighed. "When's our next vacation?" She asked.

The taller girl lifted an eyebrow. "When do you plan on dying?"

-

A/N: I'm gonna watch carpool karaoke now.