forty

LAST CHAPTER!

"Out of all people," Dinah said, "you decide to aim a gun at me?"

"It's what my cousin wants." Zendaya said.

"Who is that cousin?" The blonde asked.

"Arin Ray."

Dinah let out a breath. "That explains so much." She mumbled.

"I don't want to do this to you, Dinah Jane–"

"Then, why are you doing it?" Dinah asked.

"Because I have to."

"No, you don't. That man does not control you or your actions–"

"Shut up," Zendaya snapped. "Shut up. He told me he's knew you were going to try to talk me out of it–"

"Put the gun down, Z." The Polynesian shook her head and began walking towards the girl.

"Take another step and I'll pull the trigger." The taller girl said.

"Zendaya, please," Dinah stopped walking, "give me the gun."

"You put my cousin in jail for no reason–"

"Your cousin is a murderer," the shorter girl said and took a step forward. "He is a murderer and an abuser."

"Dinah, stay where you are." Zendaya warned.

"You don't want to do this, Zendaya." Dinah reached into her jacket and took another step.

"Stop moving." The curly haired girl said. 

"Put the gun down."

"I'm warning you."

"Put the gun—"

Zendaya pulled the trigger, hitting Dinah in the chest. The blonde fell to the ground.

"I told you to stop moving." The mixed girl walked over to Dinah.

"Yeah, and I told you to put the gun down." Dinah pulled her gun from her jacket and aimed it at Zendaya.

The girl looked at her with wide eyes. "I-I shot you–"

"And I-I'm not dumb," the Tongan sat up. "I don't know if you know this, but I live in a bullet proof vest. Of course, I had to put it on whenever I was told you were coming to the party."

"But-but–"

"But nothing." Dinah stood and knocked on the window.

The door opened and out walked Perrie, Jade. And Jesy.

"What an interesting night, this was." The lieutenant said as Jade and Jesy walked over to the other two girls.

Dinah put her gun away. "Yeah, interesting," she said, walking to the door. "That's one way to describe it."

The blonde walked into her house and walked over to Normani. She wrapped her arms around her from behind and kissed her temple. "I'm gonna go change, okay?"

The brunette smiled softly and nodded. "Good," she said, "because each time that bulletproof vest presses up against my body, it feels weird."

"Well, safety comes first." Dinah turned around and began walking away, but Normani grabbed her hand. She turned around only to be pulled into a hug.

"I love you." The brunette whispered.

The blonde smiled and wrapped her arms around the other girl. "I love you too, Mani. I need you to let me go, though. I really want to get out of this vest."