thirty five

Dinah walked through their bedroom door, completely drained. She spent all day interrogating Arin. He wouldn't say a thing. He would just look at her...angrily. The only time he did speak to her was when he saw the ring on her finger. She hadn't even noticed it was on her finger. It was Normani's promise ring, and she guessed the brunette had put it on her while she was sleeping.

When he asked, "What is that?"

She replied with, "It's Normani's."

He went, "Why are you wearing it?"

She goes, "I don't know. Why did you kill Chris?"

Arin decided to be a smartass and said, "I don't know."

She lie down on her side of the bed and Normani walked out of the bathroom.

"Hard day?" She asked, putting her curly, wet hair up.

"Arin Ray–"

"Say no more," The brunette said, lying down on her side of the bed. "He still wouldn't say anything?"

"He asked me what this was doing on my finger." The blonde help up the promise ring.

Normani took it from her and put on her left finger, right hand. "I put it on you this morning. You know, just in case you missed me while you were at work. You're really peaceful when you sleep, by the way."

"That's sweet and all, but you watch me while I sleep?" Dinah smiled.

"Mhm," the shorter girl said. "I like it when you sleep, you're so beautiful yet so unaware of it."

"You listen to too much The 1975. That was cute, though, so I'll let it slide." The taller girl kissed her fiancée's cheek.

"Do you have to go to work tomorrow?" Normani asked, putting her hand under Dinah's shirt and lightly scratching her stomach.

"Yes, my work is never done." Dinah said.

"Okay," the younger girl mumbled. "I met someone today."

"You actually went out of the house?" The older girl asked.

"Shut up," The darker girl rolled her eyes. "His name is–"

"His?" The Polynesian asked.

Dinah wasn't the type of person to get jealous over girls when it came to Normani. She got jealous over guys. Normani had always leaned more towards guys when it came to her bisexuality, Dinah was probably the first girl Normani ever found herself sexually attracted to.

"Yes. Is that a problem?" The brunette asked.

The Tongan lifted an eyebrow. "No." She said.

"Good, because I don't want nobody else but you." Normani smiled.

"Stop it with the song references." Dinah chuckled.

"Okay, okay," the shorter girl said. "His name is Khalid."

"As in DJ–" the blonde began, but the younger girl cut her off.

"No. As in Khalid. Can't you heard the difference in Khaled and Khalid?"

"No, not really." Dinah shook her head.