thirteen

Normani was lying on the couch with her dogs and watching TV whenever she heard a knock on her door. She stood and walked over to the door, opening it.

She lifted an eyebrow at the blonde standing in her doorway. "What's up, Di–" she was cut off by Dinah pressing their lips together.

Without thinking, the brunette kissed back. The blonde pushed her into her house and shut the door. Dinah placed her hands on Normani's face and pulled away.

"What was that for?" the younger girl asked.

"You're insane, Normani. You're letting the man who killed your husband roam free," the Polynesian said.

"Technically you're letting him roam free," Normani shrugged.

"Because you told me to let him go!"

"Are you sure your sperm isn't effective?"

Dinah looked at her. "That's what you're worried about? Yes, Normani. I am sure that my sperm isn't effective."

"Okay," the shorter girl said. "Why are you here? Cause I know damn good and well it isn't to yell at me."

"I was gonna ask you something," the Tongan said, "but I'm not entirely sure if I want to ask it now."

Normani's phone began ringing upstairs. "I'll be back," she said before walking upstairs.

Dinah looked at the sleeping dogs on the couch. She waited for a few minutes and Normani still wasn't back from her phone call. The blonde sighed and walked into the kitchen, where a notebook was on the counter. She ripped a piece of paper out of it, and turned to the table where Normani kept her pens. She grabbed one and began to write on the piece of paper.

She walked back to the living room and folded up the piece of paper, sitting it down on the coffee table. She reached into her pocket and sat the box on top of the paper before leaving.

Minutes later Normani walked down the stairs and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Where'd she go?" She mumbled to herself, then her eyes moved to the table where the velvet box was sitting on a piece of paper.

She walked over to it and picked up the box and the note. She unfolded the piece of paper and began reading it.

I know you're probably wondering where I am and why I left. I'm going home and I left because I'm a pussy and can't use my words whenever it comes to this. I was going to ask you in person, but once again..I'm a pussy. Before I got the chance to ask your phone rang, so I'm gonna ask now...

Normani Powers, will you be my girlfriend?

If no is the answer, that's okay. I just hope it doesn't make things awkward between us, because I hate awkward things. If the answer is yes, then that's cool too. (;

Oh, and if you opened that damn box before you read this note, fuck you. I'm just kidding, don't hurt me. Anyways..what's in that velvet box is not a ring. You'll get that later if you say yes. wink wonk. (; What's in the box is a 18K white gold diamond pendant.

Yes, boo, real diamonds cause I'm boujee.

I'm also broke, SO YOU BETTER SAY YES

Just kidding.

Not the part about me being broke, though.

My bank account HURTS!

Don't ask me how much it costed, BECAUSE IT HURTS TO SAY. Just text me your answer to the question and whichever answer it is...you can keep the necklace.

~Dinah J

Normani smiled at the note and opened the box. Inside there was indeed an 18K white gold diamond pendant. It did indeed have real diamonds, because Dinah was boujee. (also broke, but we aren't going to speak of that.) The brunette sat the box and paper down before walking up the stairs and grabbing her phone.

She went to Dinah's contact and typed her answer.

Normani😚: yes.

-

A/N: this is the necklace dinah got mani

It costed $12,000 (:

$9.00 for shipping sksksk