fourteen

Lauren walked into Normani's house the next morning and went up the stairs. She walked into her friend's room and pulled the cover off of her. Of course, it didn't wake the brunette up. The green eyed girl walked to Normani's side of the bed and tilted her head to the side.

"Bitch, where'd that necklace come from?" she asked. "It looks boujee as hell."

Normani's phone buzzed. Lauren looked at it.

Dinah Jane💕
iMessage

She turned to her friend and aggressively shook her. "Wake up!" she yelled.

Normani jumped up and looked frantically around the room.

"Girl, I'm right here,"Lauren said.

The younger girl looked at her and released a large breath. "Ever heard of knocking?" she asked.

"I've heard of it," the Cuban-American said, "but I don't do it."

"Yes. I can see that," Normani rolled her eyes.

"Where'd that necklace come from?" Lauren tilted her head to the side.

The brunette smiled softly and placed her hand on the pendant. "Dinah got it for me," she said.

The raven-haired girl lifted an eyebrow. "Are the diamonds real?"

Normani nodded.

"That's cool," Lauren said, then grabbed Normani's phone.

"What are you–did you unlock my phone?"

The green eyed girl lifted her thumb off of the home button and looked at her friend. "Dinah Jane asks: really?"

"I'm removing your thumbprint," the brown eyed girl took her phone from Lauren.

"I know your password. It won't do much."

Normani narrowed her eyes at her friend before texting Dinah Jane, the woman who was now her girlfriend, back.

Normani😚: yes, Dinah. Really.

"What did you say yes to?" Lauren asked.

Dinah Jane💕: so I didn't go into poverty for no reason. (':

Normani😚: bitch💀

"I can't tell you without Camila here," Normani said.

"You can't tell her what without me here?" Camila walked into the room.

"Why don't you two knock?!"

"We don't feel the need to," the Cuban-Mexican answered. "Now what can't you tell her without me being here?"

"She can't say it if I'm not here," Dinah walked into her room.

"What the fu–okay," the youngest girl said.
"Come here, Dinah Jane."

The blonde sat beside her and Normani looked at her friends and smiled as Dinah intertwined their fingers.

"Are you dating?" Camila asked.

"What?! No! You silly goose!" the brunette said sarcastically.

"Bitch, I will–"

"Yes! Hallelujah! Praise the lord! I've worked my whole life for this to happen! I need to tell Ally!" Lauren exclaimed.

Normani made a face.

"You've worked two weeks for this to happen

"You've worked two weeks for this to happen." She said.

"Yes. My whole life," the raven-haired girl nodded.

"Where'd that boujee ass necklace come from?" Camila asked.

Normani pointed to Dinah.

"Is it real?" the shorter girl went to reach for the necklace, but Dinah slapped her hand away.

"Yes, it's real. Don't touch it," the Polynesian narrowed her eyes at her friend.

"Don't touch what?" Ally walked into Normani's room.

"Lauren," Camila, Dinah, and Normani looked at the girl who was on her phone.

She looked up and smiled. "I love you?"

"Shut up, Casper," Normani rolled her eyes.

"I know you didn't just–"

"Norminah is finally real," Camila said to Ally.

"It is?" Ally asked, looking at the two.

"Yes," Dinah said, then she looked at Normani. "I almost got fired because of you."

"Because of me?" the brunette asked.

"I let Arin go for you, and the Lieutenant found out," the blonde said.

"I'm sorry," Normani kissed Dinah's temple.

"Wait," Ally said. "Wasn't Normani's case dropped?"

"What does that mean?" the youngest girl asked.

"It means they said fuck it," Lauren said.

"It may have been dropped for them, but it wasn't for me. I was going to solve that case if it was the last thing I did. Which, I practically have..someone just won't let me turn the person in."

"Camila!" Normani scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I-what?" the shorter girl shook her head.

"What case are you working on now?" Ally asked.

Dinah's phone rang. She pulled it out of her back pocket and answered it, placing it to her ear.

"Kehlani?"

"We've got a new case."

"Alright," the Tongan nodded. "Where do I need to meet you–"

"I'll text you the address. It's a homicide. Get here as soon as you can."

Kehlani hung up the phone and Dinah sighed. She immediately texted Dinah the address and the blonde looked over it.

It was the house across from Normani's house.

"I've got to go," she said. "While I'm gone, nobody leave. If you need me, call me. I'll be right across the street."

"You're going to Alessia's house?" Normani asked.

"If that is her name, yes. What relations do you have with her?" the Samoan asked.

"She's my cousin. Why?"

Dinah sighed. "I'll answer that later. I've got to go."

The blonde left the house and Normani looked at Ally. "Do you know?" she asked.

The shorter girl shook her head. "No clue."

-

A/N: lol