thirty nine

The night had started right after Lauren popped the champagne. Everyone, with the exception of Normani, got a drink. It had been going on four two hours or so, and it ended whenever everyone left or fell asleep. Right now, Normani was sitting in Dinah's lap with a cup of iced tea that the blonde had made for her.

"Hey," the brunette said to Dinah. "We should have him sing."

"Who Khalid?" Dinah asked.

Normani nodded.

"Okay," the older girl said with a nod. "Hey, Khalid?"

Khalid looked at them. "Yes?"

"It's time." Normani smiled.

"I've got two songs I wrote specifically for you. Do you want to hear song one or two?" He asked.

Both of the girls looked at each other. "One." They said.

"Alright."

"Hey, everyone shut up! Khalid is gonna sing for us!" Normani yelled.

Everyone stopped talking and turned their attention towards the three.

"You know what I just realized?" The brunette looked at her soon-to-be wife.

"Hmm?" Dinah wrapped her arms around her waist.

"We didn't invite Solána."

"Shit." The Polynesian cursed.

"You ready?" Khalid asked the couple.

Both of them nodded.

"I've been seeing angels in my living room. That have walked the sun and have slept on the moon. Covered in the fragrance of their own perfume. Telling me the stories, stories coming true. Well you see these angels, these angels see the light. Yeah I had my troubles, troubles, all right. I've been seeing angels. Oh no."

Everyone stared at him in awe.

"Such a beautiful voice," Dinah mumbled. "Oh no, I'm crying again."

Normani smiled, turning around to wipe her fiancée's tears.

"They'll hold onto their secrets and torn up memories. We float above horizons and sail across the seas. I hope for better days, and lightly times are tough. The angels give me strength and I'm not giving up. So I wipe away my tears. I unveil my pain. They're brushing off my shoulders and I hold on to their stain. I've been seeing angels, angels, angels, angels, angels." Khalid smiled at the couple.

"That," Ally said, "that was fucking beautiful."

"Sing the next one!" Camila yelled.

"Please do," Normani nodded. "Just don't make her cry again."

"There's no guarantee." The boy shook his head.

"I'm fine with that," Dinah said. "I know I can count on you to wipe my tears."

"Ah fuck, that was so cute, but so cheesy. It hurts." Lauren said, grabbing her chest.

"You ready?" Khalid asked.

Everyone shook their heads no.

"You are? Great," he cleared his throat. "Roses were your favorite flower and I couldn't stand the scent. But if it's what it takes to put a smile on your face, I guess I'll deal with it. You hung with the popular kids and I couldn't stand them. But I sucked it up, because I wanted to be more than friends."

"Ugh, I can't breathe it's so beautiful." Leigh-Anne groaned.

"Relatable." Jade nodded.

"You should walk away with me in your heart. Keep me in your mind. You don't have to speak of our past, just keep me in your life. Keep me alive. Keep me alive. Keep me alive. Keep me alive. Keep me alive. Keep me alive. Oh, no. Oh, no."

-

"Normani." Zendaya walked over to the girl who was speaking to her fiancée and Perrie.

The shorter girl turned around and smiled. "Yeah?" She asked, handing her cup to Dinah.

"As much of a fun party this is," the mixed girl looked Normani up and down, biting her bottom lip. "I have to go."

Dinah grabbed Normani's waist and pulled her away from her ex. She walked up to Zendaya. "I'll show you out." She said, putting her jacket on.

"Sure," the curly haired girl, then waved at Normani. "Bye, Normani."

"Bye, Z." The younger girl waved and turned back to Perrie.

Once the two girls got outside, Dinah turned to Zendaya.

"I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop eye fucking my wife." The blonde said.

"Isn't it a little too early to call her your wife? I mean, this is an engagement party." Zendaya smirked.

"Either way, she's going to be my wife," The younger girl said. "So stop flirting with her."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." The older girl shook her head.

Dinah furrowed her eyebrows. "About–"

Zendaya pulled a gun from her jacket and aimed it at Dinah.

The Polynesian lifted an eyebrow at her. "Really?"

To be continued...

-

A/N: American Teen >>>>>>>>>>>>> my life

^ im just kidding djskjdsl