twenty

The two girls were now upstairs, talking about the fact that Normani was pregnant. They were a month into their relationship, and Normani was pregnant.

"I'm sorry for blaming it on you," the brunette said, sitting beside her girlfriend.

"It's okay. You were angry. You said it in the heat of the moment. I get it."

"You're so patient with me," Normani said.

"Yeah," Dinah chuckled, "cause I know you've got a temperament."

"That part," the younger girl mumbled.

"You should really get some sleep."

"Will you stay with me?" the shorter girl asked, placing her head on her girlfriend's shoulder.

"You know there's no guarantee I can be here the whole time you're asleep, but I'll stay as long as I can," Dinah said, wrapping both arms around Normani.

"That's good enough for me," Normani smiled softly.

The two lie down and Dinah kissed her girlfriend's forehead. The brunette could already feel her eyes slowly shutting. She scooted closer to Dinah and placed her nose in the crook of her neck.

Without thinking she sighed and whispered three simple words that meant a lot before she fell asleep. "I love you."

And Dinah didn't say it back.

-

"You didn't say it back?" Camila asked.

"I was-I was shocked. I wasn't expecting it."

"Dinah!" Normani groaned from upstairs.

The blonde stood. "We'll talk about it later," She walked up the stairs and into Normani's room. "Yeah?"

"You said you'd stay with me as long as you were here. I thought you left," the brunette said.

"Camila wanted me for something."

"Oh," Normani mumbled, her eyes not opening.

"You're still tired?" Dinah asked. "You've been asleep for two hours."

"No, it's just really bright in here. Close the curtains."

The older girl chuckled and closed the curtains. The shorter girl opened her eyes and looked at her girlfriend.

"Dinah?" She said.

"Yeah?" Dinah lifted an eyebrow.

"I understand you aren't ready to tell me you love me. I don't want you to feel bad because you didn't say it back," Normani said.

"Where'd you get that idea?" the Samoan asked.

"I heard your conversation with Camila."

"Normani, you know I love you–"

"Don't say that just to make me feel better. Take your time, baby," the brunette smiled softly.

"You're making me feel bad," Dinah pouted.

Normani chuckled and got up, walking into the bathroom. "I'm sorry."

She shut the door, only to walk out two minutes later. She walked over to Dinah and held out her hand. The blonde grabbed it and the two walked downstairs.

"Finally! You're back! So, about this–heeeey, Normani," Camila smiled, sitting awkwardly on the couch.

"Camila, you may not realize this, but I have ears. I know what you and Dinah were talking about," Normani smiled.

"I thought you were–"

Dinah's phone began ringing. The three girls groaned, but the Polynesian answered it.

"Where are Ally and Lauren?" Normani asked.

"They went to Wal-Mart," Camila said.

"Yes, Kehlani?" Dinah said.

"Do you have any new information on the case?"

"Do you? You realize you're my partner, correct? Meaning that you're supposed to do some of the work too," the Tongan said.

"Yes, and I have my information. Where is yours? You didn't come back to report to me." Kehlani said.

"The murderers are Arin Ray and Chris Brown," Dinah said.

"This is so unexpected!"

"Honestly," the younger girl mumbled. "I've got to go. I got some really important news today."

"What was the news?"

"It has to do with..." Dinah looked at Normani and smiled. "Family."

-

A/N: REALLY SHORT UPDATE, I KNOW.

I PROBABLY WONT BE ONLINE TOMORROW BECAUSE I HAVE A TOURNAMENT.