First

JHO

2 weeks. It has been 2 weeks nang nagsimulang lumabas si Bea and Oliver. Two weeks na rin na lagi akong nag-aabang sa balcony hoping for her to remember me.

"Nalimutan nya na. Kinalimutan ka na niya, Jho. So get your shits together and move on." nasabi ko na lang sa sarili ko. After few seconds, my mind betrayed me by reminiscing all things happened few months ago which still feels like just yesterday.

"Welcome home!!!"
I was shocked when I opened my door. It was my first day here and didn't know anyone until I found this girl on my doorsteps.

"Yeah? Thank you? But sorry, magkakilala po tayo?" seryoso, hindi ko sya matandaan kung magkakilala kami somewhere.

"Nope. But you'll know me just wait!"  she entered to the next unit beside mine.

When she went back she was carrying two boxes of pizza. "I'm Bea. You're new here, right? So let's celebrate?"

I was about to say something but was interrupted when a big O formed my lips. She trespassed. She freaking tresspassed.

"Tara!! Let's eat! Then I'll help you unpacking your things."

"W-w-waiit." She stopped and looked at me. My left hand was resting on my waist and the other signaling her to stop.
"Sorry but hindi ko magets? I mean, thank you for this welcome thing but why are you acting like we know each other to celebrate this?"

She sighed, "Please don't make this hard for me?"

"What?"

"Let's just eat and I promise, aalis ako agad."

"Why?"

"Ugh!! Miss, please?"

"See! That's my point. You don't even know my name!"

"Alam mo na name ko."

I just looked at her. Irritation all over my face. "Explain or I'll call the police."

"You got to be kidding me."

"Oh, you wish."

"Miss, I'm living in the unit just next to you. So can you please chill?"

I grabbed my phone. "One last chance."

"Hindi ako masamang tao, okay! I just want to welcome you!"

Shit, this girl is impossible! I was about to dial on my phone when she spoke again.

"Okay! Okay! I'll explain!!"

I just stared at her. That moment I noticed how beautiful she is. Her hair, her nose, her lips. They were telling me that no one would dare to leave this girl. No one would dare to cheat on her. No one would have a second thought of grabbing any opportunity loving her. Then I looked at her eyes; you're wrong Jhoana. Someone did. All in the eyes. Only thing wouldn't lie.

"Hey." I snapped back to reality. "I said, I'll explain na. Can you please drop your phone na? I'm not a criminal. My god."

I crossed my arms and tried harder to focus my attention on what she was saying.
"I just went here because---" she was just looking at me.

"Because??"

"Oh God. Please, wag kang tatawa?"

"Bea? Bea, right?" She nodded.
"Okay, Bea. Do I look like I'm enjoying this?"

She heaved a sigh again and looked at me. Damn. "I am doing this because I wanna start moving on."

"You what?" It wasn't like I didn't hear her say it.

"It's a dare okay? Dare ko sa sarili ko? I just-- I just didn't know what to do or how to start. Oh shocks! How can I explain this!" She puts the boxes of pizza on the table and started making her way out of the room. "Just forget it! I'm sorry." She went out and closed the door while I was left inside the room. Surprised and confused.

I smiled, realizing that was the most memorable day of my life. I finished my coffee and was about to get inside when the slide-door of her balcony opened. She came. She didn't forget. She was smiling when she saw me. "Jho!" Oh how I missed her calling my name.

"Hey. Kumusta?" My voice failed to hide my sadness. She creased her forehead. Of course, she noticed.

"Are you okay? Are you sick?"

I cleared my throat. Come on Jhoana. Kaya mo 'yan.

"Huh? Yeah oo naman! I'm just tired."

"Sure ka? If you have problems, I'm always here ha?"
Not. Not. Not. Please don't say that. Obviously, you are not.

"Of course."
She smiled. Remember the eyes? I knew that she knew everything has changed.

"Bea?"

"Hm?"

"You want to come over? Movie? Just like old times?"

I could say that she was suprised, "I would loved to, Jho. Pero kasi--"

"Baby!" she stopped when someone called her from inside of her unit.

Upon hearing that voice, I felt like something was pinching under my jaw. Don't, please not now. Don't cry in front of her. I looked away when her eyes found mine.

"There you are!" He hugged her from the back.

"Hey." She responded but I could say that she was still looking at me.

"Oh sorry. I didn't know may kausap ka. I'll just get back inside."

"Ah, no!" I managed to speak. "It's okay. Papasok na rin naman na ako."

I turned when she called me again, "Jho."

"Yes?"

"Oliver, I want you to meet Jho, my closest friend. Jho, he's Oliver. A special friend."

"Hi Oliver! Nice meeting you. Finally!"

"Finally?" He gave Bea a questionable look.
"Stop that Oli. Of course, I mentioned you to my closest friend. That's a normal thing!!"

"Reaaalllyy??" His brows went up and down.

I couldn't take this anymore. I faked a laugh, "Bea, I'll get inside na."

She smiled and waved at me. "Talk to you soon, Jho."

"Nice meeting you, Jho."

"Likewise, Oliver."

The moment I turned my back on them, my tears escaped from my eyes. I knew this time would come. I even prepared myself for this. I expected that eventually we would get here. Something you could tell your mind; what to expect. But something you couldn't tell your heart; what to feel.

**********************************

Start.

-tiff-