Ninth

Jhoana

She slowly opened her eyes and stared at me. Part of me was hoping na hindi muna sya magising. I have been staring at her since I woke up. Bea & I lying on the same bed only wearing our undergarments.

She smiled at me.

"You're gay." I managed to tell her.

She chuckled before nya kong sagutin. "Yes, I am, Jhoana. So are you."

I moved closer to her when she wrapped her arm around me.

"Bea. This is my first. I mean, with a girl."

Tiningnan nya ko, observing if I'm just fooling her.

"That explains why you are so loud last night and--"

"Stop it!!" Napahampas na lang ako sa braso nya but she just laughed at me.

"Why!? Don't you remember? You are so loud kaya!!"

I covered my face with my hands. Sobra akong nahihiya because I know she is telling the truth. Last night was a revelation. I never imagined Bea is that good since all this time I was wrong with her preference. I couldn't help but think kung gaano na karaming babae ang napasaya nya sa kama.

You would think na hindi straight si Bea but come on, she's always with Oliver and very open na sabihin sakin na crush na crush nya ito noon. Plus Alex. Her ex. Aside from these two guys she mentioned to me wala na kong iba pang alam if she had a fling or relationship with other people or with same gender. Tho, I haven't confirmed yet kung anong meron sa kanila ni Jana.

"What are you thinking?"

She asked me when she noticed that I'm spacing out.

"Ilan na kami, Bea?"

"Huh? Grabe Jho. Nakakasakit ka ng damdamin!"

I just looked at her with my straight face. I need to know.

"Okay, so you're serious? Gusto mo talaga malaman?"

I nodded.

She reached for my hand and intertwined it.

"Honestly, I lost count."

Napaawang na lang ang bibig ko. I know that is not impossible. This is Bea De Leon we are talking about. Many girls will really fall to her charm. Ako nga na never naimagine mahuhulog ng ganito sa kapwa ko babae, what more yung ibang girls na open-minded when it comes to this.

She just nodded when she saw my reaction na gulat na gulat sa sinabi niya.

"Playboy!"

I was about to stand up when she pulled me and now I am on top of her.

"Am I?"

I know what she's doing. Gosh, Jhoana. Wag kang bibigay. Once is enough.

"Yes, you are."

Pilit akong kumakawala sa kanya pero mas lalo nya lang hinihigpitan ang kapit sa akin.

"If you say so. Thank you for last night, Jho." She winked at me.

This girl is really teasing me. She knows how to play her game. Why am I only seeing this part of her?
Gaga ka ba. Wala ka pa kasing malisya dati. Now, obviously you are flirting with her.

This is all new to me. Why not give a shot to play around, right?

I raised my hand and trace my finger on her lips.

"Nope. Thanks to you. Thanks to this." My fingertip slowly moving and touching her lips. "She did a very very---" I leaned closer and whispered "wonderful job."

I noticed her heavy breathing. Same pace before she kissed me last night.

"Stop it Jhoana."

I bit my lip to hide my smile, "What? I'm just--"

She didn't let me finish and dragged me to change our position. Bea is on top of me. That quick.
Now, Jhoana, pano ka makakawala lalo dito? Wait, who says you want to?"

"Seriously, Jho? I told you to stop but what are you doing?" Her eyes are focused on my lips. I'm still biting my lower lip. I don't want her to see how huge smile she can caused me.

"Don't." Umiiling nyang sabi sakin.

Before I could speak, her lips already crashed into mine. She deepened the kiss and my weak self obliged and responded as same tension as she is giving me.

All of a sudden, thoughts came to my mind. What are we? What will happen next? Are we gonna talk about this? Or after this, she'll start acting like this is just nothing.

She pulled away. "What's wrong?"

I am just staring at her. Sisirain ko ba ang moment na 'to by opening the topic or I'll just go with the flow. That was what I did before, right? Then what happened? Nasaktan lang ako. Naguluhan at pakiramdam ko unti-unti nang nawawala ang Bea na kilala ko. Wait, do I really even know her? Ano nga bang papel ko sa buhay nya? I feel like I'm just another character in one of her chapters because I have no idea what are the stories of other parts of her book, especially the previous ones.

"Bea, what are we doing?"

Nakakunot naman ang noo nya, "Kissing?"

"Why are we kissing?"

"Kasi we want to?"

I gently pushed her away and kinuha na ang mga damit ko.

"Magprepare lang ako ng breakfast."

Lumabas na ko sa kwarto. Ayokong magkasagutan na naman kami. Naiinis ako sa tuwing ganito sya makipag-usap sakin. It seems like this is the most normal thing friends do. Saan na ba ko lulugar sa buhay nya?
These past few weeks were confusing for me. Pero sa kanya, bakit parang wala lang?

After what happened last night, mas napraning pa tuloy ako. If she is also into girls, isa lang ba ko sa pampalipas nya? Then what about Oliver? May nangyari na samin ni Bea but isn't she dating Oliver?

She remained silent while we were eating our breakfast earlier. I finished washing the dishes at nang makalabas na ko sa kitchen, I saw her sitting on the couch. She looked up and smiled at me.

"You're done?"

Tumango naman ako, "I thought umalis ka na?"

"Nope. Not until we talk."

"Talk about what?"

"About us?"

She stood up and pulled me for a hug.
"You told me yesterday we'll talk when we get home, right? Now is the right time, Jho."

I heard her sniffed my hair,

"Because I'm home."